home again

Kagome helpped me out of the well, and walked me back inside. Her family was shocked to see me, and how much ice changed. Or maybe they were shocked that was hurt, and due to the travel here, I was bleeding again. I laughed, because it was so funny how everyone was so worried about as if I was fragile.

"Can I sleep? I'm just really tired..." I sighed as Kagome's mom skillfully patched me up.

"Of course. But we should really take you to the hospital first. Kagome came in with a fresh set of PJ's. The boy's waited downstairs in case either was needed.

"No, it's fine. I don't need that. I was given everything I need to heal. Besides, how can I explain this without an investigation?" Kagome's mom didn't look convinced. "Of my condition worsens, then you can take me, until then..."

"Ok... Lets get you ready for bed.

Kagome returned to the other time a few days after, because I was stable. Another month and a half passed before she returned for good, for high school. I took the late exams and joined her, because sitting at home was painful.

My whole mind was filled with Sesshomaru, and the baby. Every night I would have nightmares, and I would wake up outside. Grandpa, or Auntie would be chasing after me. One day my mom came to viste me.

"Ayako," she smiled sweetly. Her long black hair was down like always, and she held a child in her arms. "Look at you, you've grown so much." I could see tears in her eyes. "I've missed you so much."

"Me to mom," I sighed trying not to cry. "So is that him? The baby?"

"Not the baby, your brother." She laughed wiping away her tears before they could fall. "I feel really bad that we waited so long to have another one, but I was so worried...." her voice trailed off as she thought about the past.

"Its no big deal, I was a hand full. I'm just glad you have another child to love again." I smiled, holding my stomach. Worry filled my moms eyes.

"I see we have a lot to talk about. Lets go to a cafe." my mom talked on the way to the cafe that was just down the street. I learned that my brothers name is Eito. He's going to be one in a month, and he refuses to even stand, though he can. He also looks a lot like dad, taking only a slight taned skin from mom, and her eye shape. One that's only found in dragons.

When we reached the cafe and ordered, I spilled everthing to her. There was only a few people there, besides the three workers. I hushed my voice enough to not disturb those around us. My mom listened even while tending to Eito. She even laughed when I told her about the fights I had with Sesshomaru, even the one about him groping my ass in front of his subjects. And at the end, she cried with me, as if she knew the pain of losing a child.

"In so sorry Ayako. If I had known, I would've come sooner." She took my hand and kissed it.

"Kiss," Eito said in mom's lap. He reached up and kissed my hand too. "Ow go." he smiled.

"Yeah," I cried. "My owie is gone now."