the path before me

I left Hayate in the hall. His eyes followed me until I disappeared. I already knew what was on his mind, I could easily tell. He had made up his mind to tell me he loves me. I was excited, but now was not yet time. somehow I had to tell the nerds that I can't cosplay in my condition. I was not physically able to do what they wanted. Ever since I went to see that man who called me out. In reality, I should have told him no, but his offer was so tempting. Just thinking about it made me crack a smile. It was the first time someone called me beautiful in that aspect.

"Ayako." Kurosawa called out my name. I pulled my eyes from the put door serenery. My body pulsing with a sensation I wish would just leave. I didn't want to speak with him right now, but he was the teacher.

"What." I growled slightly. I was hot, because my stockings had to be thick. Kurosawa raised a brow. The heat only made things worse.

"Would you like to pass out the paper's?"

"No, I'm good." there was so much more I wanted to say, but I couldn't.

"Ok... Ayako, hand out the paper's." Karosawa held out a stack for me to take. I was in the front row, so it wasn't to much work.

"Uh huh.... If I could move at this point, I wouldn't be telling you no." the look of confusion would be laughable, if I wasn't seriously in pain right now. "I'm cramping!" I growled. "In 24 hours I'm going to shed the lining of my uterus, and be on the verge of death for a week. Leave me alone." I growled and looked back outside. Kurosawa's face twisted in disgust before I looked away. It amused me enough to crack a slight smile.

"Then, who's in seat 12, pass out the papers. The rest of you turn to page 35 in the history book. We will review before next weeks test." Class carried on like nothing. My seat mate, a girl I don't often talk to, nor know, handed me a small folded paper.

This helps with cramping. Please eat before you take it.

I smiled and mouthed thank you, before slipping the pills in my pocket. When lunch rolled around I got a text from Kagome. I didn't really understand it. It seemed like she was rushing the text.

"So, I was thinking maybe we could have lunch?" Some guy from the class down the hall came in. I didn't really know him, or very many of this guys that keep approaching me.

"Pass, I want to sleep."

"Oh... Then.. After school?"

"After school? Pass, I have plans. Same for this weekend. Very important. Can't cancel no matter what." I sat up and looked at the guy. He was very handsome. Maybe he was the most handsome, I could believe it. "Look, I'm going to tell you like I tell the rest of the guys. I'm not interested in dating anyone..."

"What's wrong?"

That scent... It's...

"It can't be... Impossible, there's no way he's here!" I yelled getting up. My mind went blank as I panicked. All I could think about was getting out. I had to leave. If I don't... I opened the door. It was already to late.

"This is where you were?" His tone was so cold, but the anger was burning hot. My body trembled. But why? From fear? From excitement? From pain? Maybe all of it. All of it ran through my body, and I turned around to run to the window. I tried to open it and escape. "Your not leaving."

Sesshomaru's arms went around my waist. His touch set me on fire. Its been so long since I seen him, since I've touched him, so very long since I kissed him.... I could feel myself snapping back to the way I use to. Desiring him more than air. I pulled out of his arm's, forcing myself to stay grounded. I had to, I needed to. This connection I felt wasn't me, it's not want I wanted. Hayate is who I wanted...

You're insane!

I ran to the ran again, not caring where. My whole body felt like it was in some type of thick tar. It didn't matter how fast I ran, my freedom didn't get any closer. My heart didn't feel like it was even in my chest anymore. Was it leaping in happiness? Or was it fear? Surely it was a mixture of both. Being sucked into that possession, being trapped like a helpless princess. There only to give birth, to raise powerful offspring, to sedate his hunger... that's what my life would be if I let him take my hand again.

"Ayako!" Sesshomaru's voice echoed in my ear, ringing like a sad bell. He sounded so sad. His new grasp on my waist felt like it was unsteady. His face pressed into the nape of my neck. Sesshomaru's hot breath rolled down my back, pulling my flesh up in a chill. Something wet and hot soaked my uniform. "Ayako," he whispered once more. His grip tightening, physically begging me not to leave. Then I was sure that he was trembling.

"Sesshomaru......" my voice cracked. My legs gave out and we both fell. Now it was only me that was trembling, only me who had fear. Sesshomaru has caught me once again, and he knew it. "Why did you take so long!" Nearly three years of pain welded up and exploded. "I was so ready to move on! I was so ready to open my heart to another, because you were not here! How dare you!"

"I am so.... forgive me." I felt sesshomaru pick me up. I couldn't see, my eyes to flooded to see the expression on my dear husband. I didn't need to see him to know that he held a smirk on his lips. His hand brushed my chin, causing that sought after burn. My body shuttered. His lips pressed gently against mine. It was pure, companionate, quick... but my body burned like it was intense and wild. He pulled back and growled. I knew that sound well despite the time we spent apart. Something displeased.

"You smell of another man." His eyes scanned my face. My face that was burning. Hiding it was impossible, especially with me crying more.

"Who's fault do you think it is?! You neglected me! I've spent so many nights sleepless, because I didn't know if you were still waiting for me!" I tired to push away from him, but sesshomaru wasn't allowing it. He held me tighter to his body, cradling me in his arm's.

"My woman, smelling like another man... Unforgivable." Sesshomaru walks so gracefully that it's hard to tell. If it wasn't for his sharp turn, I wouldn't have realised that we were leaving the classroom. Classroom.

"Oh my God!" I screamed. "In still in class!" There was a low unmistakable dark chuckle that rattled his chest slightly. My face was firmly pressed to it.

"Who are you? Outsiders are not allowed without permission!" Kurosama yelled.

"I've come for what is mine." Sesshomaru's chest rumbled in anger. I wrapped my arms around His neck, and breathed in his scent. My body relaxed.

Do you see? You can not run from this. This love I prepared for you is stronger than any bond you will ever have. Not even time, nor death can take it from you. Or you from him.

"Sesshomaru.... Please take me away... I... I want you."