where we stand

"Alright, let's end this here." the teacher left the room. I just notice that Kurosawa hasn't been to school in a while. Is he having family issues? Its so unlike him.

Why do you even care? He was just a creep anyway.

I don't care! It's Like an annoying bird outside your window. You grow so use to it that it's odd when it's gone.

"Onee-san, are you hungry?" Yaya smiled a cute curvy cat smile. She pulled out the food she prepared. My mouth nearly watered. I knew she packed all my favorite dishes. "I made all your favorite foods."

"Ayako, someone is calling you." I looked at the door and saw him, Hayate. He looked down at his feet, but waited for me.

"Who is that?" Aki said with irritation. He stood between us. I stood up and smiled.

"Why don't the four of us go outside and eat? Food tastes better together right?" I walked past Hayate, with Yaya and Aki on my heels. I didn't look back to see if he followed too, but I didn't really want to encourage him. I had a vague idea why he was there.

"Can we talk alone?" Hayate asked as I scanned the roof too for people.

"Anything you have to say to the princess can be said in front of us." Aki almost growled as if he was an animal. I sighed.

"I can't be alone with you anymore Hayate. If it is so important that you must still say it, then it can be said here. Yaya and Aki are of my blood, and bound to me. Act as if they are just my shadows. Speak your mind, or sit with us and enjoy the meal." he did nothing but watch with irritation as I sat and started to eat. For the first time I didn't offer him a bite, nor force my food on him. I smiled in delight as I ate my food joyfully.

"I love you." he said. His face serious, finally not caring that others could hear. "Even after all you told me, I still love you. I don't care what happened in the past, or who you were or what you did. The Ayako right here is who I love."

"That isn't enough." Yaya smiled. We both put all our attention on her. She smiled as she fixed a plate for her brother. "It's not enough to just Ayako. There is no way you can win with that little amount of love."

"What do you know?" he yelled, trying to grabbed her arm. I was sure he wanted to physically show her how much he cared, but Aki didn't allow that. Only one he strived to protect more than me, is her.

"Don't touch her." he glared.

"It's fine, nii chan. I am not scared. I am not scared, because the princess is here. Because I love her. Much more than you. I love every Ayako. I love princess Ayako, and lady ayako, and sister Ayako and even mother Ayako. I love the warrior Ayako. I love the weak Ayako. I love the cry baby Ayako. The weird Ayako. The lazy Ayako. Even the scary Ayako. I love even the parts she hasn't shown me yet, because I know they are all parts of Ayako. And there will never be a part I don't love. Isn't that right, Nii Chan?"

Aki glared at Hayate. He nodded once and continued to be the phycial barrier between us and him. I couldn't help but smile. He was so selfless and strong. Ready to die at any moment. I sometimes wished he would be a littl more selfish and find a cute girl. Someone that will make him smile more than frown.

"But I have come to love all the parts of her that she's shown. I have seen sides that you haven't seen. The carefree girl that just wants to be happy with what is in front of her. That side. I love it so much." he looked at me, pleading me with his eyes to say i love him as well. That I wanted him as much as he did. But I couldn't. I did not love him as much as I love Sesshomaru.

"That is only one side. I will not accept it. You have not waited silently for what felt like eternity for her to come back. You have not been told that you were being replaced because you sat faithfully with nothing but hope that everything will return to what it once was. You have not felt the agony of smelling the scent of another on the one you hold dearest in your heart. You couldn't bare any of that, and it's easy to tell because you can not accept that she loves someone more than you. So you do not love My Princess, Lady Ayako, as much as you say you do."

"Let's make a bet, Yaya if you will be comfortable with it." she nodded energetically, her eyes bright with eagerness. "Yaya hasn't been on a date, nor has she ever made any bonds with any other person besides me and her brother. For the next month, treat her kindly as if it were me. Take her on dates, and walks and movies. And if by the end of that month you have not had a change of heart, I will consider your feelings." Aki looked as if he wanted to kill the boy more than before.

"D-dating?" Yaya's face lit up with embarrassment. She covered her face with her hands and trembled. "I've never thought this day would come so soon... Please, treat me well." the three of us all felt suddenly guilty.

"U-um maybe another challenge. I feel horrible doing this to Yaya."

"No princess!" she jumped to her feet. Her face still red. "I want to! I have only just met him, but I want to know the man who had nearly stole the heart of our savior." there was a fire in her eye. One that had grown while I I was away. "Maybe this will enlighten me on what I should find in my own future partner." I felt Aki's eye's burning holes into my head.

Don't you dare let my baby sister spend time alone with this half wit. There is no man more honorable than my Lord that I could ever aprove of, and I wouldn't even give him my blessing. Who knows what this man will do to my sister. She may be older looking, but she's still a child, I will not stand for her to fall into these modern relationships.

I swear to God if you don't shut up Aurora, I will fucking scream.

I was only reciting what he was thinking.

Shut up.

"It was rash of me to say such a thing. Please don't think you have to find some reason to be comfortable with fulfilling my demands." I patted her head. She smiled.

"Of course not princess. That is why I insist that you let me go through with it." I watched Yaya's face change. She seemed a little older than I always seen her as. Just looking at her side profile, her chin tilted down slightly. Her eyes refrelecting her hopes. "Please, let me understand you a little more."