Oh So Lonely - 18

Just a random authors tangent, you can ignore it, (except read the bottom)

I am suffering from a bit of writer's block at the moment and it's the worst! I had to sit down and force myself to write this chapter. I spend way more time and brain power and just in general, effort writing chapters for this book. My other book has pre-written chapters, which definitely helps me not stress (and the chapters are a lot shorter.)This book is tough because

1) I want to maintain the quality of my writing throughout the whole book and that means lots of revisions and edits before I feel comfortable enough to post them.

2) I care sooo much about the characters and the story and I know they're fictional but, don't want to disappoint them...does that even make sense? idk I'm probably way too attached.

3) The main plot points of this book were planned before I even started writing, but know with the story being well underway, I need to try and work all these ideas in without making things seem too crazy and rushed, which is a major challenge. I know I need to do this book justice.

Read this:

Even though these are the things I have floating in the back of my mind. The biggest motivator for me writing is you guys. Every word I write is because of you. If I could dedicate my book to every single person who takes the time to read, comment and vote- I would. Even though there are probably a million other books that are better or more popular, you are taking the time to read mine. That means the world to me. Thank you for being a part of my tiny little corner of Wattpad. It's everything.

Chapter 18:

A sharp knock on the door made Liam jolt upright in his chair. His eyes scanned around the room, vision blurry, mind disorientated before they settled on a concerned face standing at his door.

His tired eyes flitted to the silver, hexagonal clock that had been knocked over and was lying flat on his desk, flush against his half-eaten dinner plate from the night before. Late night butter chicken deliveries were a godsend these days. It read 8:00 am and it took his mind a few moments to register that is was the next day. And that he had spent the night asleep on his laptop. He couldn't see it, but the keys had left their square imprints on the side of his cheek and his laptop had turned itself off, giving up after having random characters pressed on for six hours straight.

He involuntary stretched his arms upwards, trying to tug his body awake. He Knocked the lapis lazuli abstract sculpture that was suspended from the ceiling with his fingertips. Carter's brilliant idea of course. Liam was constantly was reminded of its presence.                                                                Despite it residing there for years, he always disrupted it, or hit it, or bumped it... Although complaints about it had become part of the regular office routine he couldn't bear to take it down. Not now. Not when it was his only friend during the long days and the even longer nights.

Rubbing his overworked hands over his eyes he was suddenly reminded of the other person in the room. He immediately cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair, in an attempt to look like he had shit together. Judging by the furrowed eyebrow and look of worry on Nicks's face, it didn't work.

"Hi, Nick. What's been happening?"

Nick shook the expression off his face. After seeing the bowl of food on the desk, the neutrality was weakened by his disgust. Liam didn't care. Nick had seen worse in the last few weeks. Last week Liam had stupidly gotten electrocuted by his desk lamp and of course, Nick saw the whole thing.

He was a recent college graduate that had returned to the pack after a brief stint as an international student. In the interim of finding a decent paying job to fit his non-specific degree, he had been filling the role of an assistant. His mother had practically kicked him into Liam's office, sick of him sitting on the couch watching Netflix all day, swiping through werewolf dating apps. Although it didn't pay brilliantly, it was a comfortable way to pass time and the fact that Nick could ogle the alpha while doing it – he was happy. He looked at the dark rings under his eyes and the shy beginnings of a beard on Liam's face. Even though these days the alpha looked like such a sad tortured soul, beta-less, mate-less and ultimately love-less, Nick was more than into it.