The Princess and the Shewolf - 2

Thank you so much everyone for the support! Please continue to vote,read,share and comment! xx 

It means so much to me! 

Chapter2:

Liam walked into the pack house, heart heavy and his face grim. His ever cheerful beta Carter called for him from the living room.

"Hey, dude! Do you realize how late you are?" he looked at Liam's state in confusion. "Liam, what's wrong? You look like someone just cut off your dick."

"I found my mate." Was Liam's short reply. Today, even Carter's dry humour, couldn't cheer him up and give him clarity.

"That's great!" Carter stood up and looked behind Liam, almost expecting someone to be following him. "Where is she?"

"Gone." Carter looked at Liam even more confused, his face  morphed into laughter.

"I knew she would find something wrong with you at some point in the relationship, I would have said at least 6 months, but less than three hours? That's intense! Even for you!"

"I'm thrilled you find my love life so amusing, but she didn't reject me, she is going to Italy for a business trip."

Carter quipped. "I'm honestly glad, the last thing I need is a heartbroken alpha to comfort." When is she coming back?" 

Liam replied with a sigh, "I don't even know. A week I think"

"On another note, my sculpture will have arrived by then!"

Liam rolled his eyes, Carter was an art fanatic. He had designed the pack house and was pushing Liam for more 'modern and innovative' renovations. He was qualified in architecture and Art history. Liam would see simple coloured lines on a canvas, Carter would see a visual representation of the advancement in human ideologies and emotional development. 

Carter could talk about art for hours. Each room had at least been redesigned 3 times. He could never settle or commit to a single idea or 'thing.' He was constantly moving, jittering, planning. He always moved to the beat, even when nothing was playing. Despite Carter's inability to take anything seriously, he was intelligent.

"I hope it's smaller than the last sculpture you got."

"I'm not making any promises!" At this Liam closed his eyes and sunk into the couch, staring at the number on his forearm.

"Anyway, tell me about her? What's she like?"

"She is...different...enigmatic, I can't figure her out." A faint smile formed on Liam's lips while he said this. "But she did brush me off a little."

"When can I meet her?" Carter further questioned.

"Hopefully, soon."

Later Liam was working tirelessly but meeting Cassidy played through his mind like a song on repeat. He could hardly wait for the week to be over, so he could see the girl that had already stolen his heart.

It was over two weeks before he saw her again. He couldn't help it, every day he drove past her house, even when it was out of his way. When the 10 days had passed he had knocked on her door. After 12, there was still no answer. He had started making sure Cassidy's mail was 'safe'. He learnt more about her from looking at the envelopes of her mail than their initial conversation. Her full name was Cassidy J Blanche and she got a lot of mail from prestigious companies and surprisingly, Cosmo. He had also tried to find records of her on the database only Alphas had access to. He even tried Instagram, but nothing. 

After exactly 17 and a half days, he saw her car parked in the driveway. He spent the next day deciding what to text her. After some encouragement from Carter (more like verbal abuse), he gathered the courage to text Cassidy a simple but meaningful, 'Hey!! It's Liam, let me know when we can meet again! How are you? I would love to hear about your trip!'