Breakfast Club -5

Chapter 5:

The drive to Cassidy's house was filled with bursts of chatter, her phone pinged as they neared her driveway. "Damn it! I left my wallet at your place, Carter said I can come by tomorrow morning, is that okay? Liam ignored the fact that Carter had already gotten her number.

"Of course." Any excuse to see her again.

"Are you sure? My morning tomorrow starts at six. I will probably get there around six thirty."

Liam tried not to take a sharp breath, he had a rule. If the sun wasn't up, he certainly wasn't. Usually Alpha duties went against this rule and he really hated it, but for Cassidy he would stop sleeping all together.

"Sure that's fine, I'll make sure I'm at the packhouse a little earlier."

Liam walked Cassidy to her front door admiring the way she looked in the moonlight. He imagined kissing Cassidy, passionately, sweetly. With the gentle breeze and distant birds around them. But he decided against it. Just as she was about to walk into the threshold, she turned, tilting her head to see him. "Thank you for tonight, it was short and sweet." Too short.

Before Liam could reply Cassidy kissed him gently on the cheek, her lips lightly grazing the stubble on his chin.

With one last smile she turned and stepped into her house leaving Liam dazed. The scent of her perfume still hung in the air and teased him. Heart thumping erratically he drove back to his house thinking of a certain auburn beauty.

Cassidy was inside her house and far away from the person that was putting her senses into overdrive. She vigorously wiped her lips with the inside of her wrist. She shouldn't have done that. Why did she do that?

But she kissed practically everyone on the cheek. Her European clients always got very kissy, she had simply gotten used to it. Putting her germophobe tendencies aside, it had become part of the job description. She kissed more than she had hugged, but it felt different with Liam. Something had come over her and she wasn't thinking straight.

 She thought of her sister, she modelled most of her life choices based on the fundamental question, what would Marissa say? She smiled and knew exactly what Marissa would tell her to do.  Cassidy needed her 8 hours of beauty sleep before everything started again.

______________________________________________________________

The next morning Liam felt like a walking corpse. The only thing keeping him sane was the cup of piping coffee that was currently burning his hand. The pack house was his main home, but he spent his time stretched between this house and an apartment that belonged to his brother. It was filled with important things that could not be left in this public space. It was more private and a less disruptive place to work. Although, he was planning to sell it, realising that his job was only going to get more demanding. The current pack house was more of a community center. Liam and Carter had designed it, agreeing that the privacy of the whole pack was important.  Everyone had their own houses within a circumference of this central point. The pack house had office rooms, meeting rooms, a movie room, tennis courts, spare bedrooms...It was a space that anyone could come into and feel welcome. It was busiest on weekends and afternoons, so a separate wing of the house was created for 'official' pack business, where Liam and Carter spent most of their time. 

 Carter who lived solely in this pack house had been early up too, painting the sunrise or something ridiculous like that. Now he was making them breakfast and Liam could already feel his stomach churning. Just as he felt his head drop onto his shoulder he heard the doorbell, he jolted awake. Stumbling over himself and spilling coffee all over his hands he reached it in record time only to hear it ring again. He flung open the door to reveal a bright, put together Cassidy. He saw her smile falter and he realized that he looked like something the cat dragged in. "I am so sorry I'm here so early, I didn't realize that you wouldn't be up!" She clutched her binder to her chest, before placing it on an outside table, bashful.