Bonus: Chapter 51

Start from the beginning

He turned his attention towards his father, "Please take a seat honored guests; unfortunately, I cannot sit idly by now that so many guests have arrived."

After changing and look presentable enough, both Zhao and Shen Wei was invited to his parents house to talk some serious matters.

Upon arriving, the pressure had reached a state that Shen Wei found unbearable now.

He stood alone in the yard, hands at his back. Many thoughts visited his mind, such as the marriage, Zhao's parents, Zhao YunLan's future, amongst many other things.

However, even with this marriage thing being the case, Shen Wei continued to challengingly take another step forward.

Most men are barely keeping it together when it comes to fretting about the stability of their relationships!

Without him noticing, a hand sneak it's way at his back.

"Alright. Cheer up, nothing will happen. With you worrying so much for me, just don't worry about this small matter! I will take care of it!" Zhao teased him as he looked at his crestfallen face.

Shen Wei didn't say much or reprimanded Zhao. It might be because he wasn't in the mood for it. Shen Wei turned around and head to Zhao's parents house together with him.

After that, Zhao wanted to leave, but his mom insisted that they should stay back to have dinner with them. So, he went into the kitchen to help his mom prepare dinner.

He didn't need his mother's summons to follow excitedly behind her.

"You silly punk, what are you doing coming with me instead of keeping your boyfriend and father's company?"

"I'm so bored inside."

Ms. Zhao snorted, "Don't blame me for not warning you. If your father creates a fuss today, I'll see to it that he doesn't have an easy time of things!"

"Dearest mother, then I'm also telling you that I'm not marrying if I don't marry little Wei."

"Damned man, must you really send me to an early grave from anger?!"

The mother and son duo had arrived outside the kitchen as they spoke.

He seemed reluctant to even take another glance at his father. For while talking he had already turned around to tidy up the table and arrange the cutlery and sat.

Soon, the mood during the meal was very heavy, but Zhao didn't paid much attention to it and was very relaxed instead. Other than him, that crazy old man, Director Zhao also had a very normal expression.

His mom was sitting beside his father, just as she filled his father's wine cup, the corner of his eye caught a glimpse of Shen Wei. At first glance, he felt something was amiss with him but he said nothing and continued sitting quietly at his seat.

During this entire time, Shen Wei kept completely silent. Zhao cooperated by reciprocating that silence, asking no questions whatsoever.

His mother smiled encouragingly at both of them before she reasoned, "Since you are already here, then there is no point not staying."

Zhao retorted, "Mom.. since I am already here with Xiao Wei, then why did you still waste such words?"

His mom smiled again, as Zhao broke open the clay seal of the wine bottle. The fragrance greeted his nostrils immediately.