Chapter Thirty-Four

[Chapter Thirty-Four]

The Christmas holidays didn't turn out to be as depressing as Saros thought they were going to be. He was kept company by Angelina, Luna, Hermione, and the Weasley twins, a combination that he never expected. Even Madam Pomfrey had gifted him with some chocolates, claiming that she was very proud of him for sticking to what he believed in and not turning around the second things got hard. He was not the first she had witnessed go through the situation of being outcasted from a family due to differing beliefs, she had seen the likes of Andromeda and Sirius Black challenge their families and while it hadn't ended well for the likes of Sirius Black, Andromeda had found happiness and Madam Pomfrey was hoping that Saros would find that same happiness.

And of course, Andromeda sent her own gift for Saros, a couple actually that he had received before the holidays were over and classes started up again.  The first gift was one marked from Ted, Saros' uncle that he had yet to meet, gifting him with a book of spells that were all designed to get someone out of a pinch. Andromeda had more than likely filled in her family about Saros' involvement in the Triwizard Tournament and the book was probably going to be more than useful because Saros believed that the Second Task was going to require him to think quickly on his feet.

To Saros' surprise, he received a gift from his cousin, Nymphadora or rather Tonks, as she did not like going by her first name according to her mother. They had yet to meet as well but Tonks had sent him loads of wizarding and magical games, including Wizard Skittles, Exploding Snap, and his own wizard's chess set, along with plenty of sweets to last him a lifetime as he saw it. She had even written him a small card, claiming that she couldn't wait to see him and that maybe during the Easter holidays that they could see a Quidditch match together and get to know one another.

As for Andromeda, her gift confused Saros right away as he held what appeared to be a golden key. It took reading over the letter that she had sent for him to learn that it was a Gringotts vault key.

" Our families have always been known to use financial support as a way to break us, I learned that very early on. They believe if they cut you off financially that you'll go running back to them. I don't want you worrying about such things. When Sirius and I left our homes, we remained in contact for some time before he was imprisoned, but before all of that, we came to the conclusion that there would be others like us someday. We didn't want them to be stuck with worry over their money situation so we set up a Gringotts bank account. There is money over there, enough to cushion you should you need it. If you do go to the bank, the goblins will request the key, but you will also need a goblin escort to get the vault open."

He felt like he was being terribly spoiled by Andromeda as he never expected to have access to a bank account or have her help him financially. Saros had just been thankful that she was willing to support him, it was more than enough that her family wanted to help too, but giving him money was beyond anything ever anticipated. At first, he wasn't comfortable with the idea of accepting any money from them, but then he came to the conclusion that it would only be used for pure necessities.

MORALITY ⟶ Angelina Johnson [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara