Chapter Fifty

[Chapter Fifty]

[Chapter Fifty]

Angelina and Saros didn't talk much after the poor ending to their date in Hogsmeade. In fact, it seemed both of them were going out of their way to avoid one another for the time being after their little spat. Angelina believed that Saros was coming up with excuses because he was afraid while Saros was trying to get Angelina to understand that she couldn't process the things he had went through and still faced because she had never experienced it for herself. By the end of it, the two were left going over what the other one had said in their heads, yet still keeping their distance from each other during the meantime.

"Trouble in lover's paradise?" Katie asked one morning as she noted that Saros wasn't sitting with them at the Gryffindor table during breakfast. She also noted that he and Angelina hadn't been seen speaking to each other, not even in passing in the corridors. "Are you two okay or did something happen? You seemed really excited about your date and then when you came back, well, let's just say that you weren't too thrilled looking."

Placing her elbow on the table and tucking her hand under her chin for support, Angelina let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know, Katie, I feel like it's my fault, but at the same time, I feel like he's at fault."

"What happened?"

"We were in Spintwitches and we got onto the topic that it was basically Saros' dream to become a Quidditch player. So I asked him what was holding him back and he just seemed to be coming up with all these excuses, like how he couldn't balance properly on a broom because of his leg. I told him that he should be able to modify it, you know? To help him on the pitch. But he just kept saying no or coming up with something else. Saying that people were going to accuse him of cheating. And he just told me that I would never understand as long as I had both of my legs. And I just can't figure out if I'm wrong or if he's wrong."

"Maybe you're both right and both wrong in your own ways," Katie said with a small shrug, bringing Angelina to glance up at her. Initially, she had been planning on Katie taking her side, but she realised that she shouldn't have expected such a thing. She couldn't be right in every scenario and if she was wrong about the matter, it was better to hear it from a friend than anyone else.

Swallowing her pride, Angelina cleared her throat. "How so?"

"Well, I can see where you're both coming from, I guess," she told Angelina. "I mean, we don't know what Saros goes through on a daily basis. Luckily, we've been blessed not to experience the horror that he went through. So maybe he is scared, but he's allowed to be. Life hasn't been easy for him by any means and you remember how some people reacted last time over his leg. He's not wrong about the cheating thing, you know there's always going to be someone who has something to say, no matter how insensitive it is. I mean, when we get on the pitch, Angie, no one thinks twice about it. If he were to step out on the pitch, you know someone will have something to say."

Rubbing her hands together, while her lips were pressed into a tight line, however, before she could say anything, Katie continued.

"Not to mention, he's so used to be judged for everything he does because his family name is one of the most well-known in the wizarding world. And right now, he's decided to pull away from his family to follow his own beliefs and I think that's pretty terrifying for him as well. He has so much going on along with this tournament where everything he does is in the limelight and you saw how Rita Skeeter portrayed him. Imagine if he went on to become a Quidditch player along the lines of Viktor Krum, he would always be in the Daily Prophet."