Chapter Fifty-Seven

[Chapter Fifty-Seven]

When breakfast was over, Saros was pretty much left alone as his friends had to leave for their exams. Harry was left behind as well and he seemed nervous about who was waiting for him in the chamber as well. It was mainly through Fred and George that Saros had learned about Harry's living conditions when he was outside of school. Sometimes the boy would spend some of the summer holidays in the company of the Weasley family, but he also had to return home to the muggles that he lived with. Apparently, he was treated awful at the home, often neglected where he found himself miserable.

Surely muggles weren't there to see him, but at the same time with how crazy the tournament had turned out to be, Saros was sure that anything was possible at that point. Glancing down the Gryffindor table, he could see just how hesitant Harry was about approaching the chamber, leaving Saros to scoot down the bench.

"Let's make a deal, Harry," Saros told him, " if we don't like who's shown up for us, we'll trade places and fight the other family. You'll take my family on and I'll take yours, deal?"

It wasn't a very promising idea, considering it would be much easier for Saros to take on three muggles than it would be for Harry to take on the Malfoys, but it was enough to bring a smile to Harry's face. The two gave a brief shake on it before Saros prompted Harry to get up so they could head to the chamber together. Both of them unaware that the other was holding their breath the entire time they walked along.

If it was his parents, Saros wasn't even sure what he was going to say to them or what they would say to him. More than likely, he would just tell them to leave and walk away before they tried anything unless they were coming to apologise to him. A small hint of hope rose in his chest at the idea that his parents could swallow enough of their pride to come and apologise to him. But Saros almost ended up smacking himself in the face to snap out of it.

He needed to stop trying to hold out hope for something that was more than likely not going to happen. All he was doing was setting himself up for disappointment each time.

Reaching the chamber doors, Saros looked over his shoulder to see that Harry was eyeing it as well and as he pushed open the door, the two of them finally exhaled and gasped for a second breath of air. Immediately, Saros started coughing, almost in relief as he spotted Ted and Andromeda across the way, Tonks in their company as well.

Across from them, Viktor appeared to be in the company of his own parents, two dark-haired adults that were speaking back and forth in Bulgarian. Fleur, on the other hand, was in a heavy discussion with her mother, while her little sister, Gabrielle was tucked at her mother's side. And while Saros hadn't meant Molly Weasley before, the traits of the Weasley family were easily distinguishable by the vibrant red hair that spilt over the woman shoulders, paired with a sprinkle of freckles.

Next to her, stood one of her older sons, that Saros believed to be Bill, his hair was also red, much longer than his mother's and pulled back into a ponytail that exposed his pierced ears. Harry seemed more than relieved to see the two of them, making his way over and before Saros could say anything, it was his Uncle Ted that pulled him into a hug first.