Chapter Thirty-Five

[Chapter Thirty-Five]

Since the argument between the Malfoy brothers, neither one of them had spoken to each other, despite being in the same house. Draco was obviously going out of his way to avoid Saros at all cost and Saros couldn't blame him. Putting the family issues aside, Saros knew that he shouldn't have put his hands on Draco, let alone smack his brother across the face. However, no matter how many times he tried to approach Draco to apologise, his brother was skilful at escaping any sort of confrontation.  And outside of the few supporters, Saros really did find himself in isolation within his own house.

It was one thing when it was on his own terms not to converse with anyone, but the fact that people were purposely ignoring him made him feel terrible. Not to mention, people had been a witness to him hitting Draco and that rumour had gone all around the castle, leaving the once favoured champion to not be so favoured after all. Now people were casting glances out of the corner of their eyes, some of them even flinching if Saros got too close to them in the corridors. People he had never even spoken to were avoiding him when he really had no business with them in the first place.

It was amazing to witness how quickly things could turn against him and he had definitely underestimated the power of his family. There was also no telling what Draco was telling those around them, he probably told everyone within the Slytherin house that Saros drank the blood of newborns every morning and people would take his word for it. And it didn't matter what Angelina, Luna, or any of his other companions told him, because they didn't know what he was going through. They tried to reassure him with words but they weren't on the receiving end of the hate and glares that he was getting.

They didn't know what it was like going against power, influential power that was able to destroy reputations. Saros had practically gone from being a crowned prince within his family to being considered beneath a Squib in their eyes. And to make matters worse, the plan of sending back his grandfather's pocket watch had not gone over well. Since he had decided to hit them where it hurt, his parents had decided to fight him back on it.

There was one morning in January where Saros was confused by a large parcel he had received, addressed to him from his parents. He would admit that it made him nervous to even think about opening, believing that there were cursed objects inside that would bring him pain or some form of suffering. And in a way, Saros had been correct with his assumptions because the items inside did bring him pain and suffering, just not physically as he expected it to be. Instead, the objects weren't cursed, in fact, they were all items that belonged to him.

His parents had cut him deep by sending him all the items from his bedroom back home through the post. Their way of telling him that he was kicked out from the manor, they had no plans of having him return, so he was given all the items from his room so he didn't have to make a trip there to collect anything. For a few moments, Saros just sat there, looking over the items from his posters to his books, trying to figure out why they had done it in the first place. But when it all clicked in, it took everything in him not to cry in the Great Hall.