Chapter Sixty

[Chapter Sixty]

[Chapter Sixty]

Voldemort took a step back from the father and son, a delighted look on his expression as if he was watching one of his favourite television programmes. However, the expressions on Saros' and Lucius' faces were quite the opposite. Lucius had become completely pale, to the point where his hair looked darker in contrast as he stared at his son. It was almost as if he was questioning whether he had heard his master correctly when the instructions were given to him. And yet, Voldemort didn't look like he was telling any sort of joke, he had made it very clear, either Lucius killed his own son, or Saros would meet his death by the hands of the Dark Lord.

Since Saros had left in September, Lucius hadn't seen his son, and it was odd to see him once more, even under the circumstance. Because his son no longer appeared to be a boy, he had become a young man during the time they had been apart. Or maybe Saros hadn't changed much at all physical wise, it was just that Lucius was taking noticed at the moment. He knew that he was supposed to be feeling anger towards Saros at the time, after all, his son had become a blood-traitor of all things, going so far as to associate with the Weasley family and mudbloods alike.

But at that moment, all Lucius could feel was relief that he could see that his son was alright. After it was announced that Saros had entered the Triwizard Tournament, Lucius and his wife had been fretting day and night with the possibilities of their eldest son getting hurt. However, in between the fear for their son's life and Saros making all sorts of different life choices, it had all become muddled into a big mess. They needed to get Saros to come back to them, to straighten himself out, but nothing worked.

It didn't matter how much they ostracised him or isolated Saros, he stuck firmly with his new beliefs. They had attempted everything but Saros would not budge and it was getting to the point where Narcissa was growing desperate. She had pushed Lucius away, telling him that he needed to bring their son home or she would more than likely never speak to him again. What would she think now with Lucius being given the ultimatum? Lucius had no intention of killing his son, but how were they going to get out of this situation?

Saros also looked as though he didn't think it was below Lucius to attack him as he kept his wand raised, ready to fight if needed. Lucius would have questioned why Saros would ever think that he would attempt to kill him, but then he realised because he and Narcissa had made it seem like Saros was the enemy. He was nothing to them when he had become a blood-traitor, they had made him believe such a thing.

Then Lucius thought to himself,  just disapparate from the scene, Saros. Just leave, that way you won't have to face any of it. Only to remember that as part of their punishments against their son, Saros hadn't been able to take the Apparition Class. They had closed him off financially, taking back the payment, and he probably never learned to apparate. Lucius had basically set his son up for his death.

"My Lord, please," Lucius said, collapsing to his knees in hopes of some form of mercy to be granted, " he is my son-"

"He is a blood-traitor! Do you support blood-traitors, Lucius?" Voldemort questioned him under an icy glare.