Chapter Forty-One

[Chapter Forty-One]

[Chapter Forty-One]

The upcoming challenge in Saros' life was trying to figure out how he was going to manage to hold his breath for an hour underwater to retrieve whatever had been taken for him. After Valentine's Day, it seemed time was slipping away faster than before, the days seemed like a blur to the point where the only thing Saros could remember were the highlights such as the time he got to spend with Angelina. Since their first successful date on Valentine's Day, it seemed to become more official that they were a couple.  Of course, the challenge had been set between them of who would give in to present the first kiss.

Although Saros was completely unaware that Angelina had already stolen a kiss from him on the night of the Yule Ball. 

But it gave Angelina a fresh start and a chance to not be embarrassed that Saros didn't recall it. It was like a little game though and the flirting between the two had never been stronger. Still, Saros managed to make Angelina feel a bit more flustered with his words but she was unaware that even just her presence beside him and her smile alone was almost enough to win with him surrendering. However, with the days closing in on the Second Task, Angelina's real focus was solely on trying to find something to help Saros.

Neither one of them knew what would be taken but if Saros was meant to find it, he had to be prepared to be underwater for a long period of time. They spent most of their free time in the library with Luna joining them and in the same vicinity was Hermione, with her usual company of Viktor.

"What have you found so far?" Angelina asked as she carried over several books as Saros was glancing over a few opened books before him. "Anything good?"

"Well, I found the Bubble-Head charm," Saros pointed to the passage in one of the textbooks, " I remember Professor Flitwick going over this one in class once."

"Do you think that's going to be enough?" she questioned as she sat down beside him, leaving Saros to cast a confused glance in her direction.

"Why wouldn't it be? Says here that it is "the most effective for breathing underwater or in any environment where fresh air is at a premium, allowing one a supply of oxygen." The only downfall it seems to have is becoming ineffective after thirty minutes if one suffers from bad breath. I like to think that I usually maintain a minty freshness throughout the day."

"That's not what I meant, Saros," Angelina said, " what I meant is, is it going to be enough for the judges? Remember, they score all of you out of ten. Is a Bubble-Head charm going to be flashy enough to capture their attention? In the First Task, you produced the most spells that left people talking for weeks on end about it. I think the judges are going to be expecting something along those lines again. It's not only a matter of surviving, but it's also how you do it."

"You mean, I have to survive with style?" Saros retorted with a shake of his head. " I have to add flair while trying to keep safe."

"I think it's all about seeing what magic you're capable of," she continued, " I hate to say it but the Bubble-Head Charm isn't going to capture anyone's attention and who's to say that the other competitors won't think of that either? Right now, you're in first place and if you're going to win, you have to maintain that edge that you had before."