Thirty Three

When Peter and Kayla arrived back at the compound with a carseat, they were almost too tired to notice what had changed. Almost.
Everything had been babyproofed. Every door, corner, and cupboard.
Kayla burst out laughing, "They know he's three days old, right?"
Peter rolled his eyes but had a big smile on his face.
They took the elevator to the fourth floor and noticed the hallway had been finished. It was painted white with a silver wallpaper that went up the wall. There were potted plants in the corners and paintings along the wall.
Outside their door was a welcome mat that read 'Welcome to the Parker Home' in a fun font.
While the rest of the tower was baby proofed, inside the Parker suite was a whole new level. Anything that was within two feet of the ground had been moved up, screwed down, or replaced with baby toys. There were also vases of irises scattered throughout every room.
"Welcome home, Kai," Kayla said to the baby in her arms.
They took him down the hall to his bedroom. Besides the yellow and blue touches and toys, there were also pictures hung on the walls. A few of Kayla and Peter's parents, the grandparents Kais would never meet. On his dresser was pictures of Ben and May with a young Peter. Above the crib were three big pictures taken like families do of the team. The first they were all distracted in a candid way, the center they were smiling at the camera, and the third they were pulling silly faces.
Peter grabbed the bassinet and they both went to their room to set it up.
In their room was a new pile of stuffed animals sitting on their bed. They laughed thinking of the Avengers in a baby store buying thirty or so stuffed animals.
Peter had finished setting up his temporary crib but they decided they'd rather snuggle little Kai in their bed for a bit.
They'd just settled, Kia in between them, when there was a knock on the door.
Kayla got up and answered the door to find Tony and Steve.
"I'm here for my grandbaby," They said at the same time. They'd both been accepted as the grandpas and were obviously happy about it.
They looked at each other, scowled and then turned back to Kayla.
She laughed and let them in, "Peter! Bring Kai out here. He has visitors."
She smiled at the both, "Can I get you anything to drink?"
"Water, please," Steve said but Tony was distracted by the baby Peter just walked out with. He walked over and took him into his arms.
Looking down, he shook his head, "This won't do. I'll be right back."
He walked to the nursery as Kayla shot Peter a nervous glance.
Tony returned a moment later with Kias who was now wearing an ironman onesie, "Much better."
Kayla laughed, "I don't even remember getting that one." Suddenly she stopped laughing and nervously ran to the nursery. She opened the closet door to find at least one onesie for each of the team members. There were three more iron man outfits and a cap outfit based off of each of the suits he's had through the years. There were a few Spiderman pajamas and three ghost outfits, one that said 'my mommy's a hero' with the design of her suit and the other two with her symbol. There was one onesie that had the print of Hawkeye's suit and a design that looked like a sheath of arrows on the back. A onesie had the design of the falcon suit over it and another full body pjs with the war machine outline. One onesie had Nat's symbol and another had Wanda's. There was a small beanie that had the design of Visions stone on the front. There was a small jacket that had the same design as the one Pietro constantly wore and a onesie that looked like the hulk. In the back were two onesies, one that said 'Nightshade is my aunt' and another that said the same about Viper but with a snake design on the back. Kayla rolled her eyes but smiled at everything the team had already done for her son.
She joined their guests on the couches, "You guys are ridiculous."
Peter raised any eyebrow.
Kayla laughed, "Go look in his closet." He got up hesitantly and went down the hall. After a minute they could hear him laughing.
Tony shrugged, "What can we say? He's part of the team now."