Two

The next morning, the girls watched the news in satisfaction as the assassinations were being reported with the headline, "ASSASSINS STRIKE AGAIN." After the girls third strike, it was determined that they were a team and killed together every time.
Ghost turned up the volume, a smile on her face as the reporter went on, "Louis Timpani dropped dead outside New York City's opera house. An autopsy confirms he had nightshade in his system. Authorities suspect the assassin known as Nightshade slipped in his drink before he fled the scene. Mrs. Timpani and their six year old son have released that they will be having a private funeral the following Friday. Julian Gomez is said to have died from a heart attack but it's suspected that this was the work of Ghost. The final victim was Senator Thomas Leon. He was found in his office with a knife lodged in his throat. Officers arrived on the scene before the killer jumped from a window. It's been confirmed that this is the work of Viper. Unfortunately, he escaped. So far, the trio has been targeting the wealthy in public settings. Be safe, and report something if you see something."
Ghost laughed to herself, "They still think all the killers are men."
Viper set a bowl of cereal in front of each of the girls, "They're not suspecting us, that's a good thing."
In the corner of the room, an old flip phone started ringing. The calls couldn't be traced back to the house so the girls used it to accept clients.
Nightshade picked it up but stayed silent.
"I'll offer a million each for Tyler, Brody, and Jordan Santiago. They'll all be at the gala tonight." A voice from the other end said.
"Half needs to be paid up front." Viper said, deepening her voice as she spoke.
"That's fine. What's your drop off point?"
"Dumpster behind the café on Broadway. You have until noon." With that, she hung up and turned to the girls to tell them.
They listened half heartedly, paying attention to what was being said on screen.
The screen showed Tony Stark standing at the podium, "We've seen the trio of assassins attacking repeatedly and nothing has happened. As Avengers, it's our duty to protect the citizens of the Earth, not to mention our own city. We'll be taking care of these assassins personally." He looked into the camera, "This is your last chance to turn yourselves in."
Viper sighed, "This just got a bit more difficult."
The others nodded.
When noon rolled around, Ghost volunteered to pick up the cash. She brought home a briefcase and they counted out 1.5 million in hundred dollar bills.
Knowing their client did their part, they got ready to do theirs. Each putting on a gown and arming themselves. Along with the money, they found three tickets to the gala.
Once they were ready, they familiarized themselves with their targets. Ghost took Tyler, Viper took Brody, and Nightshade took Jordan.