Lionheart x Fem!Reader ~ Flowers

For Reesia

It all started early one morning, when you were tasked with the dawn patrol. You awoke to find a single, pink flower beside your nest. At first, you brushed it off as merely the wind or a mistake. Then the next morning, another one had appeared. Then another. It wasn't until you decided to stay up through the night that you caught the culprit.

The moon was but a thin crescent now falling through the sky, but its silver glow still lit the clearing. It was a calm night, but the forest was alive with activity as always. Your ears twitched at the the gentle calls of songbirds and the distant hoot of an owl--but no paw steps yet. 

The slightest commotion in the Warriors's den disturbed the peace, snapping you out of your sleep-like trance. You shrank back behind the nettles, waiting for a moment to pounce. Much to your surprise, Lionheart slunk out of the den toward the gorse tunnel. You crept out of your hiding place and silently followed him out of camp.

"Flowers, huh?" you spoke up, causing him to jump. "Kind of cliché, don't you think?"

Lionheart looked about as flustered as a kit that had seen an hawk. If his expression was any indication, he had turned red as a deathberry beneath his pelt. 

"Oh, well, I--" He stumbled over his words,  struggling to form a coherent sentence--or excuse, rather. He shuffled his paws in the grass almost nervously. You just purred with laughter, echoing softly through the copse. Then he began to laugh too. 

"You could have just told me you liked me," you teased, padding past him. Your tail flicked his ear playfully, and he ducked too late.

His eyes lit up with amusement. "Who said I liked you?" 

"Well, the flowers were my first clue. Not very subtle."

He let out another mrrow of laughter. Then he paused, his head tilted in thought. "Come on, I want to show you something."

You pricked your ears curiously but received no answer, save for a beckoning swish of his tail; you obliged. He lead you through the forest and undergrowth until you reached a clearing not too far from the sandy hollow. The creek trickled gently nearby, but the sight was what stunned you most.

Wildflowers of all sizes dotted the grass. Their vibrant colours lit up against the inky forest floor by flickering fireflies. Lionheart's golden pelt shone bright with each blink of a bug nearby--his eyes even more so.

"It's beautiful," you meowed dreamily, more entranced by him now than the flowers. 

"The most beautiful flowers... for the most beautiful she-cat," he purred, his dead-serious tone making you laugh softly again. 

You shook your head at his flowery language but stepped closer until his thick mane of fur tickled your whiskers, which twitched in amusement. His eyes widened slightly in surprise, but he met you in the middle.

It felt surreal, pressed together at the cheek in your own little moonlit meadow. But you were a sucker for romantic gestures. Even more so for him.