Stonefur x Reader ~ Reunion

Spoilers ahead! 

(Just after Whitethroat's death in Rising Storm)

Thorn-sharp claws sunk into your chest as the rogue pinned you. You thrashed around, but his weight kept you down. Your lungs refilled as Leopardfur bowled him off of you. Immediately after, another rogue charged your way. Just as he leapt for you, you twisted out of the way, sending him crashing to the ground.

Surrveying the area, you spotted Fireheart tussling with Tigerclaw and Graystripe trying to help. Behind you, Stonefur was chasing off a large rogue while Blackclaw and Leopardfur slashed at another's heels as it sped away.

Before you could leap back into the fight, a huge tom jostled into your shoulder. You flew to the ground and the rogue moved to pin you down again. Instead, he was welcomed by a battering of your unsheathed claws. You scraped at his face until he backed off enough for you to stand. Once on your paws, you leapt at him; planting your paws in the soil, you slid past his flank and left a nasty scratch with one of your claws.

The tom yowled and twisted around to face you. He reared up, and you scrambled to get out of the way but not fast enough. His body crashed down on top of yours, and knocked the breath out of you. Gasping and wheezing, you struggled and failed to throw him off. There was a brief sense of relief as he drew back, pulling himself off you and letting your lungs fill with air at last. Then came defeat as he sunk his teeth into your throat for the killing bite. You yowled in pain and desperation, blood gargling in your throat, but no cat could save you now, and you knew it.

The other warriors must have won the fight since the rogues scattered back into the woods quickly after. At the same time, Stonefur appeared over you. His was both the last yet the only face you wanted to see right now, in your dying moments.

"Oh... oh, no..." he meowed, horrified. His eyes didn't linger on your wound, just your face. 

Then he whispered your name. No, you realised, it wasn't him. Still, you recognized the voice: the voice of someone you had lost long ago.

"Am I dead?" Your voice was soft, scared, and still choked by the blood clogging your lungs and matting your fur. 

"No, no, you're alright," Stonefur protested, sounding more like he was trying to convince himself than you. His voice was distant, as if you were listening from underwater, but the voices of the departed were growing crisper and closer.

"Not quite yet, my dear," meowed another familiar voice, though it was tinged with sadness. "But I am here to guide you to StarClan."

Stonefur began to blur before your eyes, but his silhouette was still sharp against the bright afternoon sun. Your eyes fluttered, feeling tired and stinging in the light.

"Wait, don't--! Don't go... I... Ever since..." he stammered, tripping over his words, trying to get them right. His voice trailed off, choking back a cry, but he picked his sentence back up with determination, desperation. "There's so much I want to say... please don't die..." 

But it was too late for you, too late for pleas, too late to say the unspoken.

"Stonefur..." you croaked, trying desperately to tell him something, anything. You wanted to tell him how you felt, to comfort him, to say this wasn't the end, but the echoing voices of the dead were calling you now.

"Come now, dearest one. It is time," beckoned the same familiar voice, and you found yourself following against your will. Was it Stonefur's blue eyes swimming with tears that you were seeing in your final moments or merely the starry twilight sky? 

"Please, don't go," Stonefur begged once more, seeing the life draining from your eyes. You had loved him for so long, you had known it, but you thought you had time. You never told him.

~Time Skip (to The Darkest Hour)~

The moonlit hunting grounds of StarClan were peacefully quiet, leaving plenty of time for you to yearn for those you left behind. A couple of your loved ones had joined you, and you weren't as lonely as you had been at first, but still, you waited. You waited for him. Only then would your soul be able to rest.

You scented mouse and blocked out your sorrows until you tracked your new piece of prey to a thicket of brambles. Tasting the air, you pinpointed its location.

Dropping into the hunter's crouch, you crept forward silently, placing one paw after another skillfully. You were only a couple tail-lengths from your prey when the sound of scuffling leaves behind you and the grunt of someone stumbling through the thicket broke the silence, scaring away your prey.

"Thistles and thorns, I almost had that!" you exclaimed in frustration, whipping around with the intention of giving whoever had spoiled your catch an earful. Your gaze softened in an instant as they fell upon a familiar silhouette: it was him. "Stonefur?" 

"What, you don't recognise me anymore?" he teased, his own eyes lighting up as they found yours. He looked the same as the last time you saw him, but you weren't thinking about that day. You were thinking about every day since, every day that could've been.

Without hesitation, you bounded over as fast as a rabbit. You leapt at him, paws outstretched, throwing caution to the wind and bowling him over. Before he could say anything else, you pressed your cheeks together and everything seemed to stop. Was it possible to share so much emotion with such a simple touch? It was electric, at the very least.

"I've waited a long time for that," Stonefur purred.

"Me too."