chapter 16

"I could've chosen someone else,
But I chose you,
Because no matter what,
I'll still love you" -AnimeshipQueen21

On with the story!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Still Boruto's pov

"I should've kept you safe.....with me, but I didn't and now you're on this hospital bed all because of me" I stood up and walked to the bedside table.

I saw a notepad and pen there, so I decided to write something when she wakes up.

Hey, glad you're finally awake. I'm sorry for breaking your heart but I'm here to make this right. You know I can't ask this in person cause I'll be on a long term mission but, Will you marry me?

Love,
Boruto⚡

I put the note on the table hoping she'll say yes, then I realized the note would fly away, it needs some weight to hold it down so I put the ring on the table and left the ICU.

I walked to Sasuke sensei and said, "I'm ready for that long term mission you asked me last year" his eyes widened at my statement, "Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"You won't be able to see her awake" he reasoned.

"I know" I bowed my head down and I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up and saw Sasuke sensei with a small smile. "I'll get them all ready for you" He said and I went to the roof top of the main house, where the chopper pad is.

(play the song in the media)No, no, no

I heard the chopper coming down, I looked up and saw my best friend, Mitsuki along with his girlfriend, Sumire flying the chopper to the pad. As soon as the chopper's ladder dropped down I jumped and quickly climbed inside.

I still see your shadows in my room
Can't take back the love that I gave you
It's to the point where I love and I hate you
And I cannot change you so I must replace you (oh)

I looked to see my bags ready. I glanced at the couple driving and immediately felt sad that I won't be seeing anybody from the mafia for 2 years or so.

Easier said than done
I thought you were the one
Listening to my heart instead of my head
You found another one, but
I am the better one

I won't let you forget me

I hope Sarada will forgive me, even if I still went on the mission that she forbade me to take. Even so because I know this mission will make everything safe for her once again and we can go back on the missions we use to go on. And I hope she'll never forget me even if I left.

I still see your shadows in my room
Can't take back the love that I gave you
It's to the point where I love and I hate you
And I cannot change you so I must replace you (oh)

I know when I get back she'll be the one handling the mafia organization, she'd be the one to replace Sasuke sensei and I'll be her right hand man.

Easier said than done
I thought you were the one
Listening to my heart instead of my head
You found another one, but
I am the better one
I won't let you forget me

This mission is not as easy as it looks because I will eliminate all the enemies that are plotting against Sarada's life. She knew I would be more than willing to do this mission for her but she didn't let me go knowing I'l be away for a long time.

You left me falling and landing inside my grave
I know that you want me dead
I take prescriptions to make me feel a-okay
I know it's all in my head

A few hours have passed and I looked out my window and saw we were almost in our destination, I see deserted buildings along with dark alleys where an underground base be.

I have these lucid dreams where I can't move a thing
Thinking of you in my bed
You were my everything
Thoughts of a wedding ring
Now I'm just better off dead

I remembered the times where I had the thoughts of proposing to her only stopping the idea every now and then. I mentally chuckled at my impatient self.

I'll do it over again
I didn't want it to end
I watch it blow in the wind
I should've listened to my friends
Did this shit in the past
But I want it to last
You were made outta plastic (fake)

Mitsuki signaled for me to jump down and I did, he dropped my bags and all my things were safe and when the chopper left the area I was met by a man with brown hair and green eyes, he was wearing a beige hoodie and ripped jeans and a girl with long light blue hair and icy blue eyes, she was wearing a white blouse, a white knee high battle skirt, knee high white high heeled boots, a necklace with a weird sign and a white general hat. And did I mention her cleavage was showing.

The man extended his hand out to me, "You must be, Boruto Uzumaki

The man extended his hand out to me, "You must be, Boruto Uzumaki. Hi I'm Tatsumi and this is my wife Esdeath. We'll be the ones with you during your 3 year mission" Tatsumi greeted and I shook his hand.

"Great to meet you. I mean I heard about how good of assassins you are and I heard you taught my godmother, Cherushi how to kill from a long distance range and she surpased you all" I said and Esdeath chuckled.

"The pleasures all ours, now it's time for you to meet the team" Esdeath said and Tatsumi took the bags I weren't carrying and we jumped off the tall building.

Well this is my life for now I'll see you soon, Sarada.