Chapter 40

The next day doctors and nurses opened the door and I clung to Ringo as one nurse told me I had to get out of the bed.

"Miss we have to wheel him to surgery you have to get out now.." One nurse told me.

"Please let me stay..." I begged as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Claire baby I'll be fine." I heard Ringo say as I felt his lips kiss my forehead.

"No..please don't go..." I whispered. I felt someone picking me up and I grabbed Ringos hand. "Claire let go..." George's voice filled my ears as my hand was ripped from Ringos and I started crying harder

"NO PLEASE..RINGO NO.." I cried. "He'll be fine Claire I promise..." George whispered into my ear. I thrashed my arms as I watched them wheel his bed out of the room and down the hall till he was completely out of sight. George let me go and I fell to the ground sobbing. "No..no no no...please let me have him back.." I sobbed. "Honey can't we go back into the room?" George asked as he grabbed my hand. I nodded and he scooped me into his arms.

We walked into the room and I collapsed on the couch and sobbed. "I..I..can't do this.." I said through my sobs. George sat on the couch and pulled me close to him. "I've never seen you this hurt...you know you're stronger than this" he said as he rubbed circles on my back. I removed my hands from my face and looked up at him. "What.." I asked.

"You're stronger than this Claire. I know you. I've known you since we were 3. You've gone through so much in such a short time and I've never seen someone be this strong. You are the strongest girl ever." He held both of my hands and looked me deep in my eyes.

"I love you. More than anything in this world and you can pull through I know you can." He said as he pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back and we sat there for awhile and I cried as he soothed me, until the door opened revealing a crying Paul and John.