Chapter 19

The stars swirled above Honeypaw's head, shimmering brighter than she had ever seen. Honeypaw looked around, it was warm greenleaf night. She breathed in the sweet scent of the flora around her. She had missed this season, missed the warm nights and peaceful skies. Honeypaw looked around, she was in what looked like a camp. She was in a deep stone hollow with several dens around her. Where am I? Honeypaw wondered, this place was completely unfamiliar to her and yet she felt like she belonged her. It was familiar, and she felt welcomed and safe.

Honeypaw walked around this camp, she could smell the scent of prey and the sound of voices. Who's talking? Honeypaw blinked and suddenly there were cats around her. SunClan cats, living their lives as usual. Applespots and Icepetal ate from a fresh-kill pile in the back of camp. Dawnstar was sitting outside of a cave in the side of the stone walls talking with Cinderflame and Lionclaw.

Sedgepaw, Petalpaw and Dovepaw were all laughing outside a small bush den that was close to another, large den with warriors outside of it. Redclaw, Fawnheart and Briarrose were talking outside of the den while Crowfur stepped inside with Rainears. Honeypaw heard the squealing of kits and turned to see a stone den. Goldenleaf was sitting outside while Hollykit and Burnkit played with a ball of moss, Cherryleaf was inside nursing Bluekit, Windkit and Snowkit.

What is this place? It feels so wonderful. SunClan is safe and happy. A breeze ruffled Honeypaw's fur, carrying the strong scent of herbs. She turned to see another cave den, Honeypaw followed the scent and approached the den. She peered inside, it smelled strongly of herbs, remaining Honeypaw of the medicine cat den back home. There were two nests beside each other and several more across the den. She spotted a pile of moss in the corner next to a small pool of water.

"Honeypaw?" Honeypaw heard a familiar voice behind her, she jumped slightly and turned around. She saw Pebblestep standing outside of the den, looking as confused as Honeypaw felt. "I thought I was here alone."

"Is this a dream?" Honeypaw questioned, approaching her mentor. "Where are we?"

Pebblestep nodded. "This is a dream yes, but as to where we are..." She looked around. "I'm not sure."

"It feels like a safe place." Honeypaw pointed out. "And all of our Clanmates seem so happy and comfortable. It's almost like a camp, like SunClan camp."

Honeypaw heard a small gasp from Pebblestep. "Honeypaw," She breathed out. "This is our future camp! StarClan is showing us what to look for!" Joy filled Pebblestep's eyes, she ran out into the camp. "This place will be our home!"

"This is amazing." Honeypaw purred, this really did look like a wonderful place to live. She was overjoyed that this would be SunClan's home, it filled her with so much happiness and hope. "It looks so safe."

"When we wake up we need to tell Dawnstar about this, if we're having this dream I'm fairly certain that the other medicine cats will be dreaming of their own camps as well. It's our sign to finally leave."

A chilling cry filled the air, Honeypaw and Pebblestep looked up towards the stars. As they glanced up a pure white owl flew across the sky, letting out its chilling call. Honeypaw's eyes stuck to the owl, watching its glowing feathers as it slowly got out of reach into the trees. "That's the same owl." Honeypaw said under her breath. "This is our sign."

Honeypaw's eyes opened and she found herself back in the barn. She instantly found herself longing to be back in that camp. SunClan is meant to be there. As Honeypaw sat up in her nests the other medicine cats begin to rouse as well. Honeypaw locked eyes with Pebblestep, she could see the other medicine cats doing the same.

"Did you dream of your camps as well?" Pebblestep questioned.

"Oneflight and I dreamed of MoonClan's camp." Ravenheart mewed. "It was incredible, and then we saw an owl overhead."