Chapter 16

Hornet shoved Honeypaw forward, causing her to nearly trip over her own paws. They were approaching what looked like a camp sheltered in the woods. It smelled of crowfood and the cats who lived there were hauntingly thin. Their ribcages poked out through their dull, matted pelts. Their eyes were sharp and glowed with hatred and malice as Honeypaw was forced into their camp.

"Hornet," A voice spoke from a den towards the back of the camp. Out of the den stepped a ginger she-cat with fierce green eyes. Her chest and paws were slightly lighter than the rest of her pelt. "What is this?" She questioned, resting her eyes on Honeypaw. They didn't show the same anger as the rest of the rogues here, instead they were filled with confusion.

"I told you I was going to deal with those cats. The coyotes didn't run them out so we're forcing them to leave by taking this cat as a hostage. If they don't leave by tonight we kill her." Honeypaw flattened her ears, feeling Hornet's toxic gaze boring into her back. The ginger she-cat's eyes widened slightly.

"Hornet..." Her voice was uncertain. "May I talk to you?" Hornet narrowed his eyes but gave a small nod.

"Very well." Hornet turned to the cats behind him. "Adder, Jade. Take her to her new den. I'll be with her shortly."

"Let's go." The gray and white tom, Adder, pushed Honeypaw forwards. Feeling her chest tighten even more, Honeypaw followed without complaint or resistance. There's no use fighting. As they walked across camp, Honeypaw's mind travelled to the Clans. If we leave tonight there's no way Mosswind's kits would survive. But if we don't leave, then Hornet will kill me. Honeypaw didn't want to die, but she also didn't want the three kits to die. Plus there's Shadowstar...he's in no condition to travel.

She looked around the camp, there weren't many rogues here. They were bigger than AshClan, but much smaller than SunClan. If the Clans attacked, then the rogues would easily lose. Honeypaw looked at her paws. I know for a fact that they will fight, but if they do then there's nothing stopping Hornet from killing me. She let out a quiet sigh. I'd rather me die then put every other Clan cat at risk. I'll sacrifice myself if I have to.

"In there." Adder and Jade stopped at a very tiny den made out of a twisted bramble thicket. "There will be constant guards outside so don't try anything." With another prod, Adder forced Honeypaw into the den. It didn't have any moss and it was incredibly small. The brambles poked at Honeypaw but she grit her teeth and dealt with it.

She curled up in the back of the nest, watching Adder and Jade sit outside. She flattened her ears and buried her nose in her tail. She just wanted to be back with her family. She was so scared, scared of dying and scared of causing the deaths of her Clanmates. She thought of Blackpaw, he had looked scared as well. He tried to protect me. I hope he's okay.

Honeypaw stayed in the den, each time she closed her eyes she hoped she would wake up and find herself back in the barn, back with her Clanmates. However, she was still in a strange camp filled with cats who wanted to kill her.

Pawsteps approached the den and Honeypaw's fur stood on end. She lifted her head and saw the malicious amber eyes of Hornet peer through the entrance. "How are you doing my little prisoner?" Honeypaw flattened her ears, pressing herself against the back of the den. Brambles dug into her skin but she wanted to be as far away from Hornet as she possibly could be. "Don't be scared." Hornet's voice had a fake calm to it, it only made her more terrified. "You have nothing to be afraid of as long as your friends leave." He stepped into the den, only mouselengths away from Honeypaw.

"If they chose to stay then..." His claws unsheathed, glinting in the pale light. "Then you have something to worry about." He sat down, putting his claws away. "So tell me, what exactly are you? Honeypaw is kind of a silly name don't you think?" Honeypaw stayed silent. "Either answer me or you'll be leaving here with more than a few scars."