Chapter 5

"Is that everything?" Pebblestep questioned, looking over all the herbs that she and Honeypaw had carefully wrapped in leaves and moss.

"I think so." Honeypaw replied, quickly looking over everything they had gathered. "The only herbs left in the store and just small scraps. She looked up at her mentor, the only thing that remaind in the den was their nests. "Where's Flash, anyway?" Honeypaw questioned, realizing the absence of the rogue.

"I believe he's out in the last hunting party." Pebblestep explained, putting their herb bundles in a neat pile. "I wonder what his plans are, he seems to be quite friendly with the rest of the Clan, I wonder if he'll join us."

"Would my mother let him?"

"I'm sure she would, Flash has proven to be a skilled hunter and we saw him during Echoheart's attack. If Dawnstar sees his loyalty I don't see why she wouldn't let him." Pebblestep mewed. "He's a noble cat, and our Clanmates seem to trust him."

Flash had been just one of the many things that Honeypaw had been wondering about the past few days. Today was the day the Clans would leave, and it felt incredibly surreal to Honeypaw. She had wondered if Flash would leave, stay and what would happen to the Clans out there. They didn't know what to expect. Honeypaw also didn't know what to think about Jaggedstar staying behind, she knew he had made his decision but leaving a cat behind didn't feel quite right.

"We should go tell Dawnstar that everything is ready." Pebblestep mewed. "It's nearly time to leave." Honeypaw nodded, feeling fear wrap around her heart like a snake, she swallowed the terror and followed Pebblestep to the SunTree.

Dawnstar was inside with Cinderflame, Turtleblaze and Lionclaw. They were discussing the journey, and what to do about it. Their conversation stopped when Pebblestep and Honeypaw stepped inside. "All the herbs have been gathered, we're ready to leave."

"The hunting patrol should return any moment as well." Cinderflame added.

"Will you go greet them? And when they get back bring Flash to me, please." Dawnstar requested. Cinderflame just nodded and left the den, waiting for the patrol.

"What are you going to do about him?" Turtleblaze questioned.

"Well, if he wants to stay I'm going to make him a warrior." Dawnstar replied, Turtleblaze and Lionclaw shared an uncertain glance.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Turtleblaze inquired. "He's been a rogue his entire life."

"He's been with us for two moons now, and for about a moon now he could've left. He could've found his own new home with prey but instead he stayed here with SunClan. He's never taken more than his fair share of prey and has even given up prey so that Hollykit and Burnkit could eat. He may be a rogue but I think that Flash is a Clan cat at heart. He'll be a very valuable warrior to our Clan if he chooses to join us."

"I agree with you." Lionclaw interjected. "He was uncertain at first, but Flash fits right in with the other cats. He's even made several friends. If he agrees to go on this journey then he's risking his life with the rest of us."

"Very well." Turtleblaze dipped his head. "I respect and trust your judgement, Dawnstar. You're my sister and leader and I put my faith in you."

"Thank you, Turtleblaze." Dawnstar purred.

"You wanted to see me?" All heads turned to see Flash standing in the entrance of the SunTree, he looked around nervously. Fear deep in his green eyes.

"Yes," Dawnstar stood up, going to face Flash. The rogue stood his ground in front of the leader, but Honeypaw could tell that he was scarred. "Today is the day the Clans are leaving and I need to know what you're doing. Are you coming with us? Or staying in the forest?"