Chapter 17

Falconpaw flexed his claws into the wood beneath his paws. He itched to rip into the pelt of the cat that had taken his sister hostage. Whoever this Hornet cat is...he better hope I don't get my claws in him. Anger coursed through Falconpaw's blood, how dare this mange pelt take his sister from him? I'll show him what happens when you mess with SunClan. Falconpaw was pacing, it was nearly time for them to meet with Hornet and tell him if they were leaving or staying. Not only are we staying, but we're taking Honeypaw back as well.

A large majority of the Clans had decided to fight with the exception of the previously injured cats and the medicine cats. I don't think Hornet knows what he's messing with. Falconpaw looked around the barn, a lot of cats were prepared to fight. Even though Honeypaw wasn't in their Clan, they were also fighting for their right to stay here. To let their injured cats recover, and to let Mosswind's newly born kits find their strength.

Hornet drug those disgusting coyotes here. He deserves the same fate that Ashfeather, Rootscratch and Wheatwhisker faced. Falconpaw lashed his tail and sat down, trying to sit still for just a few moments. Movement caught his eye as Dawnstar and Lionclaw approached him.

"Can we talk to you for a moment?" Dawnstar questioned, looking down at her son with concern in her green eyes.

Falconpaw nodded, feared this was going to be them telling him not to fight again. "Yeah, what is it?"

"We know you must be upset about your sister being taken," Lionclaw began. "We both are as well. You and your sister mean more to us than anything else."

"What's this about?" Falconpaw narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing, Falconpaw." Dawnstar shook her head slightly. "I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for telling you that you shouldn't fight. You're almost a warrior and you have every right to fight for your sister as we do. I was just distressed over what had happened with Honeypaw. I will be proud to fight with both my mate and my son to protect my daughter. When Cherryleaf, Briarrose and Thrushclaw had been taken by Thornstar I snuck into AshClan camp to take them back because I saw how much pain Applespots was in. I've seen the pain that Squirreltail has felt from losing Pikepaw and Sorrelpaw and it's not something I ever want to feel for myself.

"I'd lose all nine of my lives before I let anything happen to you or your sister. You two are my world and I won't let anything happen to either of you. Honeypaw is in danger but we will get her back, no matter what."

Falconpaw felt a strong sense of pride swelling inside of his chest. He looked at his father, an incredibly brave and powerful warrior. Fierce in battle and a skillful hunter, loyal to his Clan and dedicated to serving his Clanmates. Then he looked at his mother, a courageous, intelligent and wise leader. She defeated Thornstar who threatened to destroy the Clans. My parents are incredibly strong cats. Falconpaw realized. And I will be as strong as they are. I will protect my sister.

"I know we will." Falconpaw replied. "I know that I wasn't very nice to Honeypaw when we first became apprentices. I was stupid and arrogant, but I know different now. Honeypaw is my sister and I'll do anything I can to protect her. I promise."

"I know you will." Dawnstar touched her muzzle to Falconpaw's forehead. "We will get her back." Dawnstar took a step back and glanced out the entrance of the barn at the darkening sky. The sun was in it's final moments and the sun was getting ready to take its place. "It's nearly time." Dawnstar mewed. "We will meet with Hornet at moonhigh, but we won't waste any time."

The wait for night time felt like it would kill Falconpaw, every second that passed he feared for his sister. He worried that Hornet would be hurting her or torturing her. He feared that when they found her it would be too late. I can't think like that. Falconpaw shook the thought away. Fear weighs down your paws. Falconpaw found himself thinking back to Falconclaw's lessons. He missed training with his mentor, he missed the constant fighting and intense training.