nolan holloway

when you were running away from the hunters in the final battle in the hospital, you collided with nolan who pulled you into an empty hospital room and locked the door

"get away from me, nolan!" you yelled, before he hushed you.

"shh! they'll hear us." he lowered his voice.

"you're one of them!" you whisper-yelled.

"i'm not." he said, shaking his head.

"what are you talking about? you're in monroe's army." you hissed.

"what i'm trying to say is i'm just like you." he confessed, his eyes flashed bright yellow in the dimness of the room.

suddenly it all made sense, his hesitance to not kill any supernatural creatures, yet his natural instinct was to join the hunters and pretend to be human.

"i only joined her army as a chance to survive. gabe trusted me and thought i was human, so i was fine." he said.

"that makes sense... but why didn't you tell me?" you asked, feeling hurt.

before monroe began building her army, you were close friends with nolan, and you were even developing feelings for him, but that all changed when he switched sides. or so you thought. plus, you always thought he was human.

"that i was turned after i joined the army? at first i joined as a way to protect you... i thought if i was a part of the army i would have a say in who they hurt but it was much worse when i was in it. then one night when i was walking home from school i took a short cut through the woods and i was bitten. so i was too scared to leave the army in case they hurt me because they still thought i was human as long as i was in the army."

"wait... you joined to protect me? how did you know?" you asked.

"it was pretty obvious, y/n. every math class we had you'd curl your fist when you got frustrated about the questions... and i saw your claws once." he admitted.

"and you didn't say anything?!"

"i didn't think you'd want me to know, and it didn't change how i felt about you. you were still you." nolan admitted, stepping closer to you.

"nolan..." you said softly, his face only inches from yours, "i really hate this mess that we're in... but i hope you know i would protect you too."

the edges of his mouth tugged into a slight smile, "i know."

suddenly scott came crashing through the locked door, as if he'd been thrown into it— he spotted you immediately, "run! get out of here y/n."

he looked from you to nolan and kept yelling at you to run as he fought off monroe's army.

nolan grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the back exit of the room, leading you to the lobby of the hospital where you spotted lydia.

lydia saw yours and nolan's linked hands and smiled, "are you love birds joining the fight or what?"

nolan glanced at you, and his eyes flashed bright yellow, the same as yours as you both joined the fight.

i love nolan sm :(