Chapter 22- Flash Back

About 11 years ago

Jake's POV

My brother, Cameron and I were playing on our new DS's in his room, we had just got them for Christmas a couple weeks ago. My mom and dad bought us this zombie killing game, Cameron and I really loved being next to each other when we played it. That was one of the times we didn't fight.

"Don't do this Marcus!" I hear my mom yell.

My brother gets up and shuts the door.

"It's okay, little bro, they'll get through this, and we will be a big happy family again" Cameron says. He has been saying that to me a lot lately, our parents have been fighting, and it really downs me.

"You think I should stay when all I do is get to see these rug rats? They are ungrateful little ankle biters and I would like a chance to start over. You can't even handle having a embryo!" My dad yells.

"It's not my fault!" Mom mutters.

"Whose is it then? Huh? Not mine!" He yells, then I hear him flip over a table. Probably the one with the glass candle because I hear it crash and break as it hits the floor.

"They are six and eight! You love those boys! Why would you leave us? We are a family" mom yells.

"Not anymore we aren't" dad screams.

"Fine!" Mom replies, and then I hear her cry.

I stand up.

"Jake, don't." Cameron hisses at me, but I don't listen, I walk downstairs.

"Where's daddy?" I ask.

"Daddy went to take a little break okay? Now why don't you and Cameron go brush your teeth, and head to bed?" Mom answers.

"I'm so sorry mommy, I'll never leave you okay?" I reply, hugging her. She laughs and then says

"I hope baby, now go get some sleep".

"When will dada be back?" I ask.

"He will come back one day" she replies, giving me a sad smile, and then I run upstairs to go to bed.

"Well?" Cameron scares me, he's in the hallway now.

"Dad is gone" I reply.

Cameron starts crying, and then I start crying, and we hug each other, till mama comes up and tells us we really need to go to bed.