Chapter 20- A Poem?

Two words

Senior Year

It began today.

I wake up, and groan. The summer had been amazing, I stayed in town the whole summer, but I got to babysit Diana and Charles, who I already call Charlie. Jake and I hung out a few times a week, we would go to the pool, see movies, just, hang out, and get to know each other even more. Jen and I hung out on the days that Jake and I didn't. My summer was so fun, and it sucks that it ended.

As I grab my feet on my carpet to my closet to pick out, an outfit, I hear my phone go off.

Good morning, sunshine ~Jake<3

Gosh, he makes me smile.

Hi good morning ~me

Did you just wake up? ~Jake<3

Yes, how about you? ~me

Same, but I was probably up later than your 9pm bedtime ~Jake<3

He seriously drives me insane when he makes fun of that.

What time did you go to bed, and why so late? ~me

I tried writing you a poem, I finished it around midnight ~Jake<3

A poem? ~me

Yes, my mom had always loved poetry, when I was younger, she read a lot of different stuff to me, I guess it just grew on me ~Jake<3

Well, can I read it? ~me

I guess, but you have to wait ;) ~Jake<3

Grr why? ~me

Till school, then I will give it to you, I tried decorating it a bit, but, I am not that artsy ~Jake<3

Okay, I need to get dressed but see you soon ~me

Wear the outfit I bought for you ~Jake<3

Wait.. you bought me an outfit? How'd you know my size? ~me

I asked Jen, it's under your bed ~Jake<3

I lay on the floor and roll over to my bed, I see a black box, and pull it out. After taking off the lid, I notice a note taped on underneath it.

To my true love

We will make it through senior year together

Love, Jake

Everyone always says he is a bad boy, a player, but the Jake I know, is so perfect, such a gentlemen, and I am so happy he dumped Jen for me.

I look at the outfit, on top, are some gold sandals with about an one inch heel. Underneath, is a silky, dark blue dress that looks like it will go right to my knees. 

Thank you ~me

I can't wait to see it on you(: ~Jake<3

I tried it on, and it fit absolutely perfectly, same with the shoes. After that, I walk into the kitchen to grab something to eat before I leave.

"Morning, sweetheart" my dad says, sitting at the table, with a paper, and a mug full of coffee in front of him.

"Hi daddy" I reply, and then smile at him, as I grab milk from the fridge.

"Very lovely dress" he looks up at me from his paper.

"Jake bought it for me, same with the shoes" I grab a glass from the cabinets and then sit down by him, filling up the glass.

"He is such a gentlemen, how about you invite him over Friday for dinner? Invite Lana and Cameron too" dad says, hopping up to go grab the microwave breakfast sandwich he makes me every morning from the toaster.

"Okay, I will" I reply.

We eat in silence for the next five minutes, then I go brush my hair and teeth, and do all that other morning stuff. Eventually, I'm in my car, and on my way to school.

*-*

Once we got to school, I scanned the crowds of people for Jake. I was dying to see Jake's poem. 

"Hey baby" I hear a voice say behind me. 

I spin around, and I see Jake.

"Hi" I reply, kissing him. 

"I have your poem" he says, smiling. 

"Okay, let me see it" I reply, smiling back at him.

"Okay, here it is" he hands me a white paper with little swirl designs around it.

When I met you

It was as if we had known each other forever

I wanted to take your hand

Hold it

And never let you go

Forever I will love you

Take care of you

And forever

We will be together

I love you baby

I lied when I said I was good at poetry

I tried, Lea

Thank you for everything

Forever Yours,

Jake

"That is so sweet, baby, I love you" I hug him tight.

"I love you too" he kisses me passionately, then grabs my hand, and we walk to class.

"Oh by the way, my dad wants to know if you want to come over for dinner Friday?" I ask.

"This Friday?" He questions.

"Yes, why?" I look over at him.

"That's when I usually have my party, can you move it to Saturday?" Jake looks at me, with a 'please' look on his face.

"Okay, yeah, sure" I smile at him, then go to my locker.

Boy, was this weekend going to be grand.