Chapter 15- WAIT!! PICTURES!!

The next day, Lana, Jen, and I all go Homecoming dress shopping. Jen already has one, but she figures she could help me out.

"I am wearing a strapless, pale pink dress with a silver belt that goes between my waist and knees"  Jen explains, as we sit in the car while Lana drives us to the mall.

"How are you doing her hair?" I ask.

"My mom said I could go get it done into a braid updo, but I'm dying it blonde first" Jen answers.

"That sounds awesome" I smile.

"Yeah, she's letting me get make up done there too. I want a natural look, but I also want my lots of eyeliner and long eyelashes" Jen tells us.

"What did you do for Homecoming your Junior Year, Lana" Jen asks.

"I wore a one shoulder, silver dress. Mrs. Dalton actually did my hair, she french braided it to the side. For make up, I didn't do anything, I just went natural. If I can find the picture of Cameron and I, I'll show you guys" Lana answers.

"I wish my hair was to the middle of my back like yours, then I could do more with it" I reply.

We arrive a couple minutes later, and walk inside.

"Where do you want to go?" Lana asks.

"JUSTICE!!" Jen screams.

"No" I reply.

"Okay, but seriously" Lana asks again. 

"Fashion City" I answer.

"But they're like crazy expensive" Jen groans.

Are we like shopping for her? No, we are not.

"I called my Dad, and he said that whatever Lana pays on her credit card will be from him" I explain.

"Okay, let's go" Lana says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk in, and I see a couple dresses that I like, so I pick them up. 

"No, just no" Jen says, when she spots me picking up a neon yellow dress.

"Why not?" I ask.

"You are not one of those signs that are SO BRIGHT" Jen takes it from my hand, and puts it back on the shelf.

After an hour or so of looking at dresses, trying them on, and getting Lana and Jen's opinions, I find the dress. It is a shiny, gold, flapper dress. Don't ask how I look good in a flapper dress, I just do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Homecoming Night

I walk downstairs after sliding on my dress, and putting on my matching gold heels.

"Lea" I hear Jake say. He wears the same tuxedo from dinner last week.

"I feel ugly" I reply, looking down at the stairs as I slowly walk down.

"You are the most beautiful person in the room and I am so honored to take you to Prom" Jake catches me as I trip down the last step, and twirls me into a dip kiss.

"I guess I'm clumsy in heels" I laugh, after I pull away.

He laughs too, and then helps me stand up, and grabs my hand.

"WAIT!! PICTURES!!" Cameron yells.

"Mom, no" Jake jokes.

"YES!" Cameron replies, Lana comes and stands by Cameron with a camera.

We pose and she takes pictures. 

"Bye sis" Lana comes and hugs me before I leave.

"Good bye, and bye little babies" I reply, talking to her tummy.

Before I know it, we are out the door, and in Jake's truck, which is now painted red.

"Why'd you change the color to red?" I ask, as we get in the car.

"I thought you would remember your favorite color" Jake answers.

"You are so sweet" I reply, and the give him a kiss before he begins to drive.

"Wait, I have something for you" Jake turns and grabs a small, black box.

He opens it, and there is a gold corsage.

"It matches my dress" I say, as he puts it around my wrist.

"I sort of asked Lana what color your dress was" Jake looks up at me.

"Thank you, for everything" I say, and then he begins to drive.

When we get out of the car, I look at the outside of my high school. A sign that hangs above the door reads 'Welcome to Homecoming'. 

I take a deep breath, and then grab Jake's hand.

Tonight, will be a night to remember.

Forever.