18: After the party.

Start from the beginning

His eyes held confusion before realization dawn in them.

"Oh, you might not know her, she's Op-" Before Clair could finish with the introduction, Jack spoke up.

"Female Ramsey?" Jack had a wide smile on his face, as if he had seen someone he'd never expected to.

I couldn't comprehend the weird name Jack had come up with for Aunt and neither did anyone present in the room as they all had a lost look on their faces.

"Stuck up bitch." Aunt counter attacked.

"What?" Jack sounded amused instead of offended.

"I thought we were playing the name calling game." Aunt said sarcastically, crossing her arms as raised her chin in the air looking like the mean girl from the cliche high school movie.

"You two know each other?" Clair asked with pure amusement, she looked like she was enjoying the show aunt and Jack was unknowingly putting up.

"Yes." Jack answered.

"Unfortunately." Aunt sighed as if she was regretting her whole existence for meeting Jack.

"What's the deal with these two?" Someone whispered in my ear.

I jumped a little, thankfully not getting any attention. I turned a little as his breath tickled my bare neck and arose unwanted feelings within me.

I didn't even know how he got to me without me noticing.

"I don't know." I whispered back before turning around swiftly focusing on Jack and aunt as the two started having a stare off- Aunt looking like she'd kill someone while Jack looked like he was staring at a creative masterpiece or that was how I saw it.

But I might be wrong because my thoughts were jumbled up with Jayden standing so close behind me, his front touching my back lightly.

"Don't think, I've forgotten about you running away." Jayden's voice was near my ear, his breath tickling my bare skin. My back grew stiff and i suck in a slow, deep breath when I felt his hand sneaking around my waist.

His hand moved around my waist before he rested them on my hip.

Calm down, Melo.

But I couldn't, I was freaking out internally and I felt like my heart would burst any second now.

"Someone needs to be punished." Jayden whispered in my ear lowly. His thumb drawing circles on my hip which sent vibrations throughout my whole body.

You need to calm down, Melo. Don't act like a hormonal teenager.

Yet, I couldn't control my own brain as it ran wild with all possible thoughts of the said punishment he had mentioned. The possibility was endless and I was losing myself into such vulgar thoughts.

Bad Melo, bad.

I was reprimanding myself because of my own train of thoughts when Harper got everyone's attention.

"Why are you all red?" Her question was directed at me and it brought everyone's attention on me.

"Huh?" I descended back to reality and realised Jayden no longer had his hand on my hip. Unknowingly, I turned to look at him to find him a step away from me looking innocent and curious.

"Are you feeling okay? Are you sick?" Clair rushed towards me. She held my face in her palms before checking her temperature with the back of the hand and then checked mine.

"I... I'm okay." I was flustered.

Who wouldn't be red when someone touch them like Jayden did even though it seemed like an innocent touch, it was not, for me.