Chapter 60

"Ready sweetheart?" Zach asked from the doorway a week later. I turned to see him looking extremely sexy in his suit. His black trousers made his bum look extremely tempting and his shirt clung to his muscles like a second skin.

"I guess." I sighed, turning back to the mirror. My black dress was fitted tightly to my body, accentuating my curves. A small silver pendant hung in the v-neck and glittered in the light. The bejewelled waistband of the dress was encrusted with small, sparkling diamonds. My velvet black pumps made my tanned legs appear longer and my long, brown locks flowed in curls down my back and my sparkling, tear filled blue eyes were hidden by black rimmed sunglasses.

"It's going to be ok," Zach whispered, pulling me to him and cradling my head against his chest.

"I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet." I sighed against him. He brushed his fingers through my hair soothingly but didn't respond. There was nothing he could say.

"Its time," he finally informed me after we simply held each other for a while. I pulled away and planted a small kiss on his lips, accidentally dabbing some of my lipstick onto them.

****

I sat, my hand being cradled in Zach's lap, in the front row, listening to people share stories about my father. Tears pooled in my eyes but I had cried enough recently to fill an ocean so I sucked them back in and listened to the funnier stories.

"Ella Reed." I heard Tyler present me and slowly rose from my seat to approach him. I climbed the steps, luckily without tripping in my heels. The only sound in the entire village was the noise of them clicking against the floor.

"I'm sorry El," Tyler whispered as he embraced me.

"I know." I pecked him on the cheek and he squeezed my hand. I could practically feel the glare Zach was giving me burn into the side of my head but decided to ignore that while Tyler handed me the box of matches.

He walked away and I turned to the open coffin in front of me. There was a werewolf legend thats stated hundreds of years ago, all the strongest wolves in the world were gathered in a cave. Somehow, humans discovered these wolves and set the caves exits on fire, trapping them inside and leaving them to burn to death.

Burning a werewolf now symbolised strength and bravery, as well as leadership and courage. Only wolves that displayed these qualities could be burned when they died, since it's was a huge honour in werewolf traditions.

Slowly, I struck the match and the small flame danced on the end of the stick. I stared for a moment, mesmerised by the sheer beauty of the flame. The small light flickered gracefully and to me, represented beauty and elegance as well as bravery and strength.

I looked back to my dad. His skin was now white as a sheet, his eyes pressed firmly closed and his arms at his sides. His clothes covered the tears and shreds littered across his skin and the blood had been cleaned off of him. Tears pricked my eyes but I remembered that he was at peace, that he was with my mom. They had been reunited finally.

"Bye dad," I whispered slowly, leaning down and pressing a kiss to the cold skin on his forehead. "You were the best father I could've had. I'm sorry I failed you. I love you." And with that, I dropped the match.

The flames quickly engulfed the body, dancing elegantly over the exposed skin, the soft material and the wooden coffin. I watched, mesmerised as they flickered over 10ft high.

Slowly, I retreated backwards, away from the searing heat brushing against my face. I allowed one small tear to fall, to trickle slowly down my cheek and drip onto the ground beneath me.

Finally, the entire body was consumed by the flames. I turned to face the crowds behind me, watching as their Alpha faded away. Every member of the pack sat in complete silence as they watched.

I took a deep, long breath of the cold winter air around me. Somewhere in the past few weeks, the end of the year had crept up on me and now the skies were dark during the day and the air was cold.

"I swear my allegiance," I finally voiced. My loud voice echoed through the village, slicing through the silence. I watched as everyone rose swiftly to their feet, looking back at me.

Then, in complete unison, everyone fell to their knees. "I swear my allegiance" was repeated back to me from every mouth in the valley. People rose and stood straight and tall as they watched me. Every pair of eyes were locked on me or the flames behind me.

Next came the part I hated. The part where I had to scare people into bowing down to me. "Submit!" I ordered, releasing strong shards of dominance. Once again, as if it were practiced, everyone bowed their head. I couldn't help but survey the crowds, allowing my own eyes to fall on a pair of cold, icicle like eyes that were staring back at me.

"I submit" washed over the crowd like a wave. Each person in the pack submit to me and stayed in a bow until I had the decency to allow them to straighten and save themselves from back ache for the next few weeks.

"Rise," I ordered and then finally, "Thank you. You are all dismissed." I nodded slightly and descended the stairs swiftly, needing one person right now.

He must've sensed that I needed him, I'm sure of it, because as soon as my foot hit the ground, he was there. His arms snaked around me and my face was buried in his chest, basking in his warmth. The immediate feeling of safety and comfort I got when with him flooded over me along with pure relief.

"You did great sweetheart," he mumbled against my neck. His sweet, masculine scent engulfed my nose and the feeling of contentment filled my heart.

I leant back slowly and let out a breath before taking his lips in mine. His soft, velvet lips instantly sent waves of pleasure over me, calming every nerve in my body. "My Alpha," he hummed in content once we pulled away and I couldn't stop the smile that graced my face.

No longer was I the Alphas daughter. I was the Alpha now. The bitter sweet moment left me feeling an overwhelming mixture of excitement and remorse.

Alpha Ella Reed, following on from one of the most feared Alphas in the world. No pressure.

****

AAAAAH THIS IS THE END GUYS! Thank you so much for every read, vote and comment! Please please let me know your thoughts on the book as a whole and any feedback you might have!

I am so excited to have completed a book and am so grateful to every reader and hoped you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Now my big announcement is that....

I am writing a sequel!!!

It may be a while before the sequel is released because I am still in the drafting stage and want it to be even better than this one.

I already have the main plot but if there are any specific scenes you would like to be included, comment them here and I will do my best to work as many of them in a possible! X

Again, thank you so much for reading guys, I love every single one of you and hope to see you back for the sequel xxxxxx