Scene 5 "The Recruiting"

{Las Vegas, Nevada}

A girl with long black hair with neon green stripes screams at a building, the soundwaves rattle the building cracking the ground level cement posts. She turned toward a group of Police cars as officers aim their guns at her, she screams at the officers flipping their cars over them. Everything slowed down Luke Harris passes the cars while running toward the officers, grabbing them one by one until they were safely away from the cars as they explode.

Luke Harris- (To the officers) "Are you guys alright?"

Officer- "We are now, thanks to you, Volt."

Luke Harris- "Let me handle her. You guys just keep people out of the area, if that building comes down it'll kill hundreds of people."

The officer nods as they rush to get people away from the girl.

Luke Harris- (Looking at the girl) "Emily Riot, I'm going to need you to quiet your voice and turn yourself in peacefully."

Emily Riot- "That's not my name."

Luke Harris- "OK, then what do you want me to call you?"

Emily Riot- "My name is Echo. Now die."

Echo screams at Luke as he runs at her, he stops in his tracks and falls over covering his ears in pain.

Echo- (Walking slowly to Luke) "You're taking in just over twenty-one-thousand hertz. Anything over twenty-thousand hertz would kill a normal man, but you're not normal are you speedy. So I can do this over and over again until you can't take it anymore."

Luke gets up and runs around the block in a blink of an eye only to push Echo into a light post knocking her out. Police come running and arrest her, they place a soundproof muzzle over her mouth while a crowd of people cheers and thanks Voltage for saving them.

Luke Harris- (Places finger on his ear) "What else do you have for me, Samantha?"

Samantha's voice- (Over earpiece) "Nothing much, but a little black card is flashing and vibrating. Do you know what's wrong with it?"

Luke Harris- "Yeah, Samantha tell Lia and Michael I have to go out of state for work."

Samantha's voice- (Over earpiece) "Will do. See you when you come back."

Luke looks at the sun then looks to the East and runs while people continue cheering.

{Manhattan, New York}

Adan stands looking out a window in his penthouse, he wore a suit while drinking a glass of scotch with two ice-cubes in it. A woman in a long withered button up shirt walks up behind him and hugs him. He turns his head and kisses her lips then turned around placing his glass on the table.

Adan Valentine- (Holding her waist) "Last night was fun wasn't it?"

Kim- "Yes it was Mr. Valentine. I take it to round two is tonight."

Adan Valentine- "Oh yes. If I remember right, I won. (Kim smirks with a smile) Maybe tonight you'll win and make it even.

Kim grabs Adan's tie and pulls him and herself onto the zebra-striped couch and begins kissing him. They fall onto the floor still kissing until a knock is heard at the door. Adan pops his head up from behind the couch and looks at the door with curiosity. Another knock is heard. Adan stands up and goes to the door looking through the peephole on the door seeing Nathan and Megan on the other side.

Adan Valentine- (Whispering in a panic while looking at Kim) "So, I'll see you tonight Kim."

Kim walks closer to Adan while he hands her purse and high heeled shoes to her and opens the door. Nathan and Megan step aside as Adan kisses Kim once more before Kim leaves.

Adan Valentine- (Under his breath) "Your sister was so much better and flexible than you. (To Nathan and Megan) How can I help you two?"

Megan Topps- "Mr. Valentine, this is Nathan J..."

Adan Valentine- (Interrupting) "Yeah I know who he is. What can I do for you?"

Nathan Jones- "Mr. Valentine, we need your help."

Adan Valentine- (Walks away from the door) "Mis. Topps I already told you I'm not joining this little parade you have going on. (Sees Megan and Nathan still in the hallway) Well? Come on in."

Megan and Nathan enter the penthouse and look around. Adan sits on a chair while Nathan and Megan walk to the couch and sit down.

Megan Topps- "Mr. Valentine, the world is in serious trouble and we're the only ones who can save the world."

Adan Valentine- (Thinks for a second while sipping the scotch) "What kind of trouble are we talking about?"

Megan Topps- (Nathan hands him a photo of Amelia) "We don't know who she is but there was a video on the news in Turkey with her completely destroying the Temple of Artemis with her bare hands."

Adan Valentine- "So, I take it you need me to help you figure out who she is and why she's here and to also help stop her before she destroys the whole planet and everyone on it?"

Nathan Jones- "Yeah, that's kinda why we came here."

Adan Valentine- (Drinks the rest of the scotch) "I'm won't do it."

Adan stands up and walks to a counter with a sink in it and begins running the water while cleaning his cup.

Nathan Jones- (Stands up with anger) "Listen, buddy, we just traveled three-hundred miles and away from our own children to ask for your help to save the world from complete annihilation and I'm not going home until you say yes. So?"

Adan Valentine- (Turns off water) "First off, it's really two-hundred-twenty-eight point eight miles. Second, that's really bad parenting leaving your kids at home, and third, you're leaving right now whether you like it or not."

Nathan steps forward with Megan trying to hold him back, Adan raises his arm aiming toward Nathan and Megan. They fall through a pink and red hole in the floor landing in their bedroom, the hole closes behind them. Adan smiles then walk to his bedroom and looks at a photo of his parents.

Adan Valentine- "I'm going to do it mother, I have to. It's why I became a hero. Not for anyone who's reading this but to protect the world we all live in."

He walks to the closet and grabs a suitcase and walks out of the room. In the living room, he stands at the door and said "Power off" as the lights in his penthouse turn off.