Scene 3 "The Ice-pit"

{The Ice-pit}

Nathan, wearing a white tank top and sweatpants, punches a punching bag as flashbacks of his mother, Sarah, and Andy pop into his head. With every flashback, Nathan punches the bag freezing it slowly from behind. The first flashback was of Andy fighting Ryan only to die in an explosion. The bag froze a little. The second flashback was of the news about Sarah in a car accident that killed her. The bag froze all of the ways, Nathan closes his eyes. The third flashback was of his mother getting hit by Psycho Sand, she flew up the stairs hitting her back against the wall and falling back down the stairs killing her. Megan walks down a flight of stairs with two cups of coffee in her hands, she walks into the room as Nathan punches the frozen bag shattering it to little pieces, Megan and Nathan jump with fear. Megan slowly walks towards Nathan.

Nathan Jones- (Grabbing a towel and wipes himself down) "Oh, I didn't mean to scare you."

Megan Topps- (Placing the cups on a bench. With sorrow) "Who was it this time?"

Nathan Jones- (Placing the towel on a hook on the wall) "All of them."

Megan Topps- (Walks to him and hugs him, he hugs back) "It'll be alright babe, I promise. I brought you your favorite."

Nathan Jones- (Kisses her lips. They let go of each other and grab a cup) "I just don't know why I think about them all of the time."

Megan Topps- "They're the reason you get out of bed in the morning Nate, as am I and the two kids we have. You feel like their death was on you, so you have to make up for it, but you can't. Those moments in life you just have to live with."

Nathan Jones- "I guess you're right, I have to learn to leave them in the past. (Sips coffee) Oh yeah, did anyone figure out what the explosion was about? Dr. Strain said that a woman was in the kid's room."

Megan Topps- "No, we never figured it out. Why do you ask?"

Nathan Jones- (Sits on a bench as well does Megan) "I don't know, when I was with Luke, our speedy little friend, he said that he had a vision of a girl hurting his daughter. Do you think that she was here?"

Megan Topps- (sips coffee) "Honey, trust me. If she were to be in the building don't you think that she would've killed us all?"

Nathan Jones- (Sighs) "You're right, again. I..."

K.J.- (Interrupting them) "Nathan, Megan you're both needed upstairs in the conference room."

Nathan Jones- (Nathan and Megan look at him) "Why?"

K.J.- "It's the Secretary of Defence, he needs to speak with you."

K.J. leaves and walks up the stairs while Megan and Nathan grab their coffee and leave the Ice-box, they walk up the stairs and enter the conference room. Secretary Hill was on the jumbo screen.

Nathan Jones- "Good morning Mr. Secretary."

Megan Topps- "What can we do for you?"

Secretary Hill- "Mr. Jones, Mis. Topps, the Pentagon got a reading on the thermal camera. We thought maybe you can identify what it looks like."

He holds up a black and white photo of a massive figure with glowing eyes looking at the camera. Nathan and Megan look at the photo then to each other.

Megan Topps- (Steps closer to the screen) "It looks like a woman."

K.J.- "A woman?"

Megan Topps- (Grabs a dry-erase marker and draws the outline of the figure) "Yeah, if you draw the outline and the details that show. You clearly see long hair and her body figure."

Secretary Hill- "Well now that you see what it is we'll send you everything we have on her."

The screen turns off while Megan and Nathan look back at each other with worry.

K.J.- "You guys look like you've seen a ghost. Are you alright?"

Nathan Jones- "Dad, we've seen that woman before."

K.J.- "When?"

Nathan Jones- "Back when mom died, in my coma I saw this woman. She looked like she wanted to kill me."

K.J.- (Looks at Megan) "What about you?"

Megan Topps- "I've never seen her before, I only heard about her when I was down in the Ice-box with Nathan."

K.J.- "So, as of right now we know nothing on her, correct?"

Nathan, Megan, and K.J. look at each other momentarily.

Megan Topps- "Well, not exactly. We still have Mr. Ue in the cell."

K.J.- "Absolutely not. We can't trust him, I'm mean what if he tries to kill us?"

Megan Topps- "What if he doesn't though? What if he's just trying to find peace and ended up finding us instead?"

K.J.- "I don't like his idea."

Nathan Jones- "Megan's right. We need answers about her and if anyone's going to give the answers it's going to be Darin."

K.J.- "Even my own son is against me. (Thinks for a moment) Fine, but he stays in the cell."

Megan Topps- "Deal."

Nathan, Megan, and K.J. Walk out of the room and down the hallway.