Max X Artist! Reader

nyello

Ages- 15-16

//Third POV//

Max had been having so-so opinions on the new kid.

She was quiet and didn't really talk to anyone.

The only people she really communicated with was Dolph since he was also in art camp and Nikki, because let's face it- she talked to everyone.

Y/n had brought her own art supplies, somehow knowing Camp Campbell was absolute dog shit when it came to supplies.

She had brought her laptop, art tablet, and of course, the traditional papers and colored pencils and all that snazzy art jazz.

Max had only talked to her once or twice but found this strange attraction to her.

Y/n was pretty for the most part, being a year younger than he was, and tinier than he was (rip).

Y/n was minding her own business doodling at lunch when Max just hApPeNeD to sit with her.

Yeah, right.

Y/n, being the shy, adorable creature she was, left in a hurry to throw out her food even though she wasn't even finished.

Social anxiety wasn't all that fun.

Max took the chance to look at what she was drawing this time.

He flipped through her sketchbook, some pieces of art colored, some not.

One of them had some dude with all black eyes and spiky hair in a blue sweatshirt.

Another had some lizard lady.

When Y/n came back, oh bOY, oh bOy was she embarrassed to find Max marveling at her art.

"Hey, new kid, this shit ain't that bad-"

And then Max realized he was talking to nobody.

Y/n had already ran out of the Mess Hall, face lighting up like a Christmas Tree.

- - -

In truth, Y/n had been admiring Max from a far.

Max was basically everything she wanted to be- Brave, Tough, and not afraid to speak their mind.

Ha, like she was any of that.

Y/n hid under a pine tree, stuffing her face into her T-shirt, dying inside.

Unlucky for her, she didn't get the chance to run away from Max, who had sat next to her there.

He gripped her hand, "So, Uh, new kid-erm, Y/n, I mean. What I meant to say was-"

"Wait, I got this; My art sucks and I should just never touch a pencil again," Y/n interrupted him.

"What?? No, Y/n! Let me fuckin' finish. I really like your art..a lot. And I was, um, wondering if you could Uh..jeez this gonna sound stupid but..Could you draw me?" Max requested.