Reunited and it feels so good

Cole

Since the night of the wedding, Wade and I were back together, and I haven't been happier. It had been too damn long. I missed him so much.

A month after the wedding, we found out that my sister and Antonio were expecting along with Adrian and Sylvia. I was happy for them, but I was enjoying my time with Wade. He is starting his teaching job in the fall, and we were getting reacquainted with each other.

I rolled over as he laid there, breathing hard. "Each time gets better and better," he grinned.

"You're telling me. It's been a long time. I hadn't been with anyone since you," I said as Wade looked at me. He had a worried look on his face. "What?"

"I can't say the same," he sighed.

I turned to my side and looked at him.

"The night before the wedding, we all went out to celebrate Tony's last night as a single man. We got drunk, and then it's hazy, but I had sex with someone," he said regretfully. He rubbed his face.

"Honestly, I don't even know why, and I haven't touched alcohol since then," he assures me.

I looked at him. Wade isn't the type to do things like this. I know he was feeling guilty right now.

"Shit happens, but you're mine," I said as I caressed his face.

"I'm all yours," he told me as he pulled me to him. I didn't care what happened since we weren't together. I cared about what happens now.

I just had a feeling that night would be life changing for us.

Wade

It had been six months since Cole and I got back together, six amazing months. Both of us decided we didn't want to wait any longer, so we got married.

It was a small wedding with close family and friends. It was perfect for us, and I love my husband. Damn, that sounds hot.

"Mr. Hardwick, what is making you smile?"

I turned to him, "The fact, I'm officially yours." I grinned as he smiled before pulling me into a kiss.

"We better get ready. I don't want to spend our entire honeymoon in bed," Cole said, getting out of bed naked. Damn, I love the way his tats looked against his exposed skin.

He turned to me. "What?"

"Nothing except you're so damn hot," I said casually. Cole chuckled.

"Come on, my love, we can shower together," he said, holding out his hand. You didn't have to tell me twice. Shower with my hot ass husband. Oh, hell yeah.

After our steamy shower, we went sightseeing. It was amazing.

"I'm thinking of shaving my beard," I said to him. He looked at me, surprised. "What?"

He pulled me to him, "I like your beard. It's sexy."

"Then the beard stays," I smiled as he kissed me. God, I love this man.

Eventually, our honeymoon ended, and we went home. We had found a house close to work. Since I was a teacher and he was a special education teacher, we got to work in the same school, bonus. I love my life.

Why did I have a feeling something would alter it drastically?

Cole

Wade and I settled into married life nicely. Our jobs were going well, and we couldn't be happier. Rain and Sylvia were a month from their due date. Us, well, we got a surprise of our own one day.

There was a knock at the door, and I answered it. There was a woman with a car seat and inside was a baby. What the hell?

"Is Mr. Morris available?" She asked me.

"Well, it's Mr. Hardwick now, and yeah, hang on," I said as I walked away. I got Wade, and he came downstairs, shocked.

"Mr. Morris, I presume?" The woman asked.

"Yeah, but my name is Mr. Hardwick now. Cole is my husband," he said to her.

"I'm a social worker. My name is Abigail Chadwick. About nine months ago, a woman by the name of Cheryl Howe became pregnant. She gave the baby up. Without the permission of the father, the baby goes into foster care. We like to give fathers a chance at raising their child," she explained as she thumbed through a file.

"If you don't want the baby, we need you to sign the forms," she told him.

I stood there as Wade looked at her. Then he crouched and looked at the baby. "Is it a boy or a girl?"

"It's a little boy," she said.

"He has my nose," Wade said, looking at him.

He stood up, and I looked at him. I knew it conflicted with Wade. This child resulted from that night he had. He didn't even know who he had hooked up with that night. The person never told him about it, resulting in pregnancy. We hadn't also discussed kids, but I knew one thing, we both love kids.

"We'll take him," I said to her.

"What?" Wade asked, expressing shock.

I looked at him, "We'll take him. He may be your biological son, but he will be our son."

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

"I know we never talked about having a family, but you're my family, and now, so is he," I said. I know people may think it's weird, but I love Wade, and I would love any part of him.

Wade leaned over and picked up the car seat while the baby slept, and he said, "I'm not signing my son away, period."

She smiled. "I'm glad to hear that, congratulations, dads." She handed him the file and a diaper bag. We closed the door and brought the baby inside.

He set the carrier down, and I unhooked him from the car seat. Then I picked him up and cradled him. Damn, he was tiny but fantastic. I fell in love with him instantly.

"We need a name," Wade said.

"How about Cade? Our names combined," I suggested.

"Cade Hardwick, I love it. Now, we need baby stuff," he sighed, and I chuckled. I knew who to ask.

Yeah, our moms went crazy. I think they were just happy to be a grandma. Our dads shook their heads. They taught us how to care for a baby since we became immediate parents with no planning. There's nothing as having a baby dropped into your lap.

We got the hang of it reasonably quickly, and between the two of us, we fought over who got to do what with him. Yeah, we were those parents.

Eventually, Rain and Sylvia gave birth to two boys. Rain and Antonio named their son Lorenzo. Adrian and Sylvia named their son Julian. Luke and Autumn already had a daughter named Leah.

The family expanded, and we couldn't be happier.

"And then they all lived happily ever after," I said to Cade as he slept in my arms.

I rocked him as Wade came in. "How many stories are you going to read him?"

"As many as he wants," I smiled as Wade chuckled. We just stared at him as he slept nestled into my arms. I was happy all thanks to this amazing man.