Friends and enemies

Antonio

I had practice and met up with Morris and Adrian. My mind kept playing over and over what Rainbow said. This thought leads me not to focus.

"Man, what's your deal," Morris asked me.

"I've got things on my mind," I told him.

"Well, you better get your mind on the game or coach will have your ass," Adrian said as I looked at him.

We practiced, and afterward, I showered and changed. I walked out to find Morris and Adrian waiting for me.

"So, want to tell us what that was all about on the field," Morris asked me.

"I got paired with Rainbow Hardwick for my social work," I told them, and they let out a low whistle.

"How was that with Rainbow?" Adrian asked me.

"Well, I think she hates me. Called me a liar and told me she would quiz me on My Little Pony," I told them. They laughed.

"You're not helping," I told them.

"Dude, your problem is you think all the girls will believe the shit you dish out to them. Be honest with the girl. Rainbow Hardwick may be different, but she's still a person," Morris advised me.

"Yeah, too bad others don't see it that way," Adrian scoffed.

"She's not a bad person. I don't understand why everyone acts like that with her," I said to them.

"It's a typical high school mentality. It's all bullshit if you ask me. We're all here to get through it. There's no reason to make life harder than it is," Morris said.

Then Ella and Darcy met us, oh joy.

"So have you bang any chicks recently, Antonio?" Ella smirked.

"Blow any guys recently," I retorted as her smirk faded.

Morris and Adrian snickered.

"You're such an ass, Tony," she huffed.

"And you're a lying, cheating whore," I snapped.

"Well, at least they know how to fuck unlike you, you dickless asshole," she hissed.

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Maybe one day, people will see you for the Mattress Mary, you already are," I countered as I walked away.

"Burnnnnn," Morris laughed.

"Looks like you just got your ass handed to you on a silver plater, twat," Adrian chuckled as they both walked away.

Fucking Ella, I can't believe I wasted two years of my life on that stupid bitch. Darcy was no better. As they say, everyone is a sheep.

I went home, and Mom met me. "How were school and practice?"

"It was okay. The counselor paired me with a girl at school who has autism," I told her.

"Does this girl have a name?" She asked.

"Rainbow," I answered.

"Then I would suggest you say Rainbow and not a girl with autism. It's rude," she warned me.

"Yes, Mom," I said. I love Italian parents. They don't put up with your shit.

Dad walked in shortly after. He kissed Mom, then looked at me. "How was school?"

"I have to work with a girl named Rainbow who has autism," I answered as Mom smacked me upside the head. "What?"

"I'd save some time when some stupid shit comes out of your mouth next," she shrugged as Dad chuckled.

"Is the girl nice?" He asked me.

"She called me a liar."

"Smart girl," he smirked. My parents were of no help.

"Well, don't be a liar," Mom added.

I just looked at them.

"Son, we didn't raise you to lie, cheat, or steal. We taught you to be honest, thoughtful, and caring. Maybe this girl is what you need," my dad told me. That's what worried me. I had a feeling I would enter a world I didn't know.

I had something to eat before working on my homework. My parents felt I was taking on too much, but I needed to get scholarships for school. They didn't have the money to send me.

We weren't rich, but we weren't poor either. Dad provided for us, but he didn't make enough so that I could go to college. He walked away from money when he married Mom over a woman my grandparents picked for him. Being old school Italians, they wanted an Italian woman for him. Dad decided on an American woman who was half Italian.

They met when Mom was an exchange student. Dad fell in love with her instantly. My grandparents disapproved, but Dad picked Mom over them. It was a pretty messed up situation.

It was the same thing with Ella. We got together before sophomore year when I met her at a picnic. She seemed like the perfect girl, except looks can be deceiving. Two years into our relationship, I caught her in the backseat of a guy's car. She tried to tell me it's not what it seems.

Having a guy's dick inside you tells me what it seems. I promptly dumped her ass after I beat the hell out of the guy. Yeah, I got a temper, and I don't care.

The sucky part is she was my first with everything. I lost my virginity to her, only repaid in kind. Note the sarcasm.

Now, I got to learn about Rainbow. It'll look good on my college application, along with everything else. It's only for the semester.

At some point, I fell asleep, and my parents moved my books away while covering me up. They turned off the light and closed the door.

"He's pushing himself too hard," Mom said to Dad.

"Marta, maybe this girl will help him," Dad said to her.

"Tony, I pray this girl is nothing like the last one. They hurt my baby," she said with furrowed brows.

"I know, but Antonio has a good head on his shoulders. I think this will be a good learning experience for him. He needs a different view than the one he has," he assured her.

She nodded as they went to bed.

I didn't know how right my parents were. I have a feeling that Rainbow would change my life in a way I never expected.