Mixed emotions

Rain

The next day, I went to school to become friends with Antonio. I didn't know what a friend meant, but Dad said to get to know him.

I went to my room, and he wasn't there. Maybe he was late. Sometimes Cole wakes up late. I took my seat at the table with the puzzle, then started working on it, waiting for Antonio, but he never came. I didn't understand why? He was here for the last two days.

At lunch, I waited for Antonio along with Adrian and Wade, but they never came. I sat in my quiet room and ate alone. Maybe he is busy. Mom says when people are busy; Sometimes they don't have time to have lunch. People should always have lunch.

After my last class, I went to my locker and opened the door. Just as I pulled out my bag, the door slammed shut. I stood there. Two girls looked at me.

"Oh, look, it's the freak," one girl mocked.

I looked at her as the other girl snatched my bag from me. "What do we have here?"

"Please give me back my bag," I said to her.

She reached in and pulled out My Little Pony.

"Oh my god," she laughed. "She still plays with toys," she laughed as the other girl laughed.

"Not only were you a freak but a loser who still plays with toys," the other girl said. I felt upset as they laughed, then they took Twilight Sparkle and ripped off her head as they laughed.

"No!" I screamed.

"Oh, is the baby going to cry," the girl mocked, making the sound of a baby cry.

I tried to get them back, but they pushed me down as they pulled out the others and started destroying them. Oh god, they're killing my friends!

Once they finished, they stomped on them then walked away, laughing. I scrambled and picked all the ponies up.

"I'll fix you, my friends," I cradled them as I got up and left quickly. I came out to the car and over to Luke, who was waiting for me.

"Rain?" Luke said with concern.

"I need to go home. I need to fix my friends," I said, holding the pieces in my hands.

He looked at me worriedly.

"Luke will take me home so I can fix you. He will take me home," I said to them as I got into the car while still holding them. As I sat there, I rocked back and forth with them in my arms.

He got in and drove us home. When we pulled up, I got out of the car and hurried inside. I went up to my room and closed the door. I sat there and worked on putting them back together.

Luke called my parents, who came straight home. They went into the house.

"What happened?" Dad asked him.

"I don't know. Rain was holding her ponies, and it looked like someone broke them. She was rocking in the car. When we got home, she went up to her room and had been there ever since," he explained to them.

They went up to my room and found me, gluing them back together. Both my parents walked over to me and got down on the floor with me.

"Rain?" Dad said.

"I need to fix them. The mean girls killed my ponies," I told Dad as I focused on fixing my friends.

"Who, honey?" Mom asked.

"Ella Smith and Darcy Halon, they took my bag. They took my ponies. They killed them. Now, I have to fix them," I said as I worked at fixing what they broke.

"Okay, we'll help you," Dad said as he reached for a pony.

I screamed, "No!" He stopped. "Please don't touch them!"

"Okay, we won't touch them," he said, pulling his hands back. They sat there and watched as I worked at fixing them. I repaired each one of them myself. I worked until I corrected them.

I lay down and looked at them. "I promise never to let anyone ever touches you again. No one will hurt you again. You're my friends."

I laid there and talked to them, reassuring them they would be okay. My parents stayed with me until I calmed down. Then they asked me to come down for dinner. I refused. I didn't want to leave my ponies alone.

They told me I could bring them with me. I picked all the ponies up and held them in my arms as I went downstairs to the kitchen. I sat down and placed them on the table next to me. As long as I could see them, I knew they were safe. Safe from mean people.

Cole finished making dinner as they set the table. I talked to my ponies. I kept reassuring them no one would hurt them. My family didn't make a big deal about it. It was something they're familiar with me. I wish I could change it, but I can't.

As we ate, we all talked.

"How's Twilight Sparkle doing?" Cole asked me.

"She's better. Thanks for asking," I said as I ate my dinner.

"That's good Rain, you took excellent care of them," Luke added.

"I have to. The ponies important to me," I told Luke.

"How was it with Antonio today?" Dad asked me.

"Antonio didn't come today," I replied.

They all looked at me.

"How come sweetie," Mom asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Antonio wasn't waiting for me when I went to work on my puzzle. At lunch, he didn't have lunch with me. So I ate alone, like before I met him. Adrian and Wade didn't come either," I said calmly.

"Maybe they were busy," Mom said.

"It's okay. Antonio is to help me, but he got busy. So did the others. People get busy, as you said. I have my ponies. As long as I have them, I don't need any other friends," I said as I ate my dinner. They all looked at each other.

After dinner, I gathered my ponies and went to my room. I brushed the pony's mane and made them look pretty. They had a rough day. Then I got ready for bed. I set them on my nightstand before crawling into bed.

With that, I drifted off to sleep. My ponies were safe and still my friends. They didn't judge me and were always there for me. I could trust them; that's why I needed to fix them.

Ella and Darcy were not my friends. They were mean and hurt, the things I love. They pushed me down. Antonio wasn't my friend, because he wasn't there. Antonio didn't protect us and let me fall. He promised he wouldn't let me fall. Wade and Adrian weren't my friends. They ignored me. Friends don't do what they did to me.

My ponies would never ignore me, be mean to me, or push me down. They would be kind to me. Tomorrow I would stick to my routine. For me, it was better.