Chapter 14: Forgive and Forget; New Prime

Starfires's POV
It's been a almost three years since I told Ironhide off. The pain hasn't disappeared. I want to go back to him so badly and I know he wants me to, as well, judging by the amount of stuff he's given me. He's given me new weaponry, which I've equipped, though he doesn't know it. There's also a bunch of random stuff that I don't even know what to do with. He leaves me one or two little gifts every day and some of them are very adorable. I sigh as I open my door and find a small item outside it. I smile as I pick up the small sculpted earth cat. He's left me gifts like these every day and my spark always melts. I think for a moment before deciding that perhaps it is time to forgive him. I see him almost every day and his optics just don't retain the same proud demeanor they used too and he's almost always in the training room.  I decide to search for him there first.

As soon I get to the training room, I find exactly who I was looking for with a bunch of Autobots peering in. No one dared go in there when Ironhide was there because he would turn his pain and anger on them. I sigh before walking through them into the training room but not before telling them all to leave. They comply to my order and I watch Ironhide take down ten dummies before he spoke.

"Leave, Chromia", his voice filled with acid when he spoke her name.

"I'm not Chromia", I say softly, my spark beating wildly in my chest. He whirls around to see me there before he runs at me and pins me against the wall. I let him do so because I know he won't hurt me.

"It's been three years", he growls.

"Yeah, it has", I say, my spark beating ever the more wildly, though I kept my composure. I really wanted to kiss him though...

"You left me for three years", he growls as he releases me and steps away. I roll my optics.

"You left me for two years before that", I say as I take a step toward him. He looks at me and his eyes soften as I get right up to him, staring at his chest, now holding back tears as I realize how much I missed him.

"I know, and I'm sorry", he whispers. I try to hold back a sob but it escapes through my lips. I bite my bottom lip before throwing my arms around him and hugging him, finally releasing all my pent up emotion. He tenses up before hugging me back, gently at first but then tighter when he realized I wasn't going anywhere. We end up sitting on the floor in the middle of the training room, hugging one other tightly.

I finally pull away slightly, looking up at him to find that he was crying as well.

"You're crying", I whisper softly, reaching up to wipe away a tear that was slowly trickling down his faceplate.

"And I have cried every single day since you rejected me", he whispers as he hugs me tightly, refusing to let go. His words make me start to cry harder and I finally say what I've wanted to say to him for the past year.

"I'm sorry... Im so, so sorry... I love you", I whisper to him.

"I love you, too", he whispers. My spark settles for a bit before it leaps toward Ironhide, causing me to gasp in surprise. Ironhide grunted at the same time. I look at him and all I could see was love for me. I smile softly at him and he smiles back before glancing at my lips. My smile turns into a smirk and I lean up and kiss him. His optics widen before closing, me closing mine as well. When we pull away, my spark leaps towards him again and I gasp again. He grunted at the same time. My optics widen when I realize what's happening.

"Is you-" "Do you-"

We had both started speaking at the same time causing us to laugh slightly before he motioned for me to speak.

"Do you feel that?" I say softly.

"Are you talking about my spark?"

I nod in response to his question. "Yeah. My spark is tugging to yours", was his answer.

"And mine is leaping toward yours", I say in response. His optics light up and they ask a silent question. I smile before nodding. He grins before pulling me closer to him, both of us releasing our sparks, where they meld into one before splitting back into two and going to their respective owners, though each with a piece of the others spark. As soon as our sparks were back in place, our sparkchambers closed, forever sealing the sparks within.

I smile as I feel his emotions wash over me. Love, happiness, and a little bit of pain still there, causing me to frown slightly.

"You're still in pain", I whisper, resting my hand on his chest, over his spark.

"It will disappear as time goes on", Ironhide promises. I smile as I lean against him but we were soon alerted of something that was going to happen soon. Optimus had going to retrieve Sentinel Prime from the dark side of Earth's moon and was reviving him soon. I look at Ironhide and explained to him what was happening and he immediately stood up, helping me stand up in the process.

"How much did we miss? When did Optimus go to the moon?" I say as we hurry toward the main room. We weren't running at first but we started running when we heard a commotion. We came into the room to see a tall blue mech standing next to my father.

I recognized him from my childhood. He came over occasionally to speak with Optimus.

"Sentinel, I'm sure you remember my daughter, Starfire", Optimus says. I watched Sentinel carefully. There was something about him that was off, but I was sure what.

"Ah, yes. I remember her. She's looks very grown up", Sentinel says. He then turns to Optimus and tells him of some fuel rods for a spacebridge. I sigh before deciding to leave, bored of this already. I kissed Ironhide on the cheek before driving out of the base. We were currently at the base that was close to where Sam was living. I had decided that I needed to drive around for a bit. About four hours of driving around, I got this panicked feeling come through my bond with Ironhide.

I quickly make my way back to base where I find Sentinel and Ironhide pulling up as well. They were both in front of me and I watched as they both transformed, Ironhide's back to Sentinel. I saw what happened in slow motion, and I was filled with rage as it happened.