Chapter 8: Advice

I sigh softly as I sit in the medbay. It was time for my routine checkup. Ratchet had decided that he was going to do this every single time just to make sure none of us got any injuries while training. Luckily for me, I had none. Well, visible injuries. And they wouldn't show up on Ratchet's scans either. They were pangs to my spark. I sigh again as Ratchet scans me a second time to double check that had no injuries. I frown as my mind goes back to the other day. The one were Ironhide tried to kiss me... I haven't seen him since I ran off. Well... I catch glimpses of him... but he refuses to be in the same room as me for more than a minute. I sigh again for the third time in the past two minutes, earning me a curious look from Ratchet.

"What is the matter, young one? You keep sighing", Ratchet was definitely curious. I sigh again before turning to him.

"It-" I cut myself off as someone else enters the room. I look towards the door but almost immediately look down when I see that it's Ironhide. "It doesn't matter..."

Ratchet hums before addressing Ironhide.

"Ironhide, what is it?"

"Optimus needs Starfire", Ironhide says. I look at him but he's looking everywhere but at me. I sigh sadly before walking towards the door, passing Ironhide. I pause for a minute, cautiously looking up at Ironhide to find him looking down at me. I saw the sadness in his optics and I hurried away, feeling lubricant build up in my optics. I pause once I am a few hallways away and wipe away the tears, leaning on the wall. Unfortunately, they kept coming. Soon, a strangled sob makes its way though my voice processor. I choke back another sob when I hear footsteps coming my direction. They were light so they had to be human. By this point I had slid my way down the wall and was now sitting on the floor.

I try to get myself together but it only works for a little bit. Soon the human comes into my line of sight. It was female, about 5'6" with brunette hair pulled back into a bun.

"Starfire?" She spoke, a subtle hint of cautiousness in her voice.

"That's me", I croak out, not being able to get my voice to listen to me.

"Optimus Prime has requested your presence", she says.

"I know. Just... let me regain my composure." My voice was a bit stronger now and I looked down at her.

"Very well, ma'am", the woman says before standing at attention.

"At ease, soldier", I say, recognizing the stance of a well trained soldier. She relaxes. "What's your name?"

"Shelby Moser, ma'am." Her voice no longer that of a soldier, but that of a... friend, I suppose.

"Call me Starfire", I say with a smile, wiping the last of the lubricant away from my optics.

"May I ask what you were crying about, Starfire?" My smile fades slightly.

"It is... not something I would share within the workplace", I say softly.

"There is someone you like?" Shelby made a very accurate guess. I blink and look down at her.

"That is one of the only things someone would be crying about and then say they don't want to share with someone at work", Shelby points out. I nod thoughtfully before answering her question.

"Yes, I like someone... and they like me back. Or at least... I hope so..." I had muttered that last part so I doubt she heard me.

"So why would you be crying over it if they like you back?" I sigh at Shelby's question.

"He tried to kiss me the other day... I ran away because I was not ready for a commited relationship. Especially in the midst of a war", I mumble. Shelby smiles softly and I continue. "He came to get me for Optimus... He looked everywhere but at me until I walked past him and... when I looked into his optics- eyes- I saw everything in them that I had been trying to suppress. We haven't talked since he tried to kiss me..."

Shelby hums. "You really care about him, don't you?"

I nod. "We've known each other since we were both younglings..."

"Talk to him. You don't have to tell him how you feel about him, just ask if you guys can be friends again without letting the other stuff get in the way."

I smile at Shelby. "Thank you, Shelby. Now... I do believe there is a certain Prime waiting for me."

Shelby nods and I stand up, making my way to where I knew Optimus would be. Soon, I came into a room where there were humans and bots alike. All of the bots that had shown up on Earth so far. Which wasn't that many... I saw Ironhide on the other side of the room and I look down, hiding the flash of pain that flew across my optics. As well as tearing into my spark. I listen to Optimus as he speaks.

"We have gained many new allies today. Some human, some have arrived on Earth since the battle at Mission City. And we have gained many new friends and found old ones, including my daughter, Starfire." I raise my head up, trying to act proud, and I tried to meet everyone's gaze but I stopped when I met Ironhide's. I could see his pain and his sadness all the way across the room. I almost take a step forward to him but stop myself. We hold contact for a few more minutes before he turns away, leaving the room. Apparently, Optimus had continued speaking and I managed to escape from the room, going the oppposite way of Ironhide. I sigh softly as I go to the room that had been assigned to me. As soon as the door is closed, I flop onto my berth.

"Oh, Ironhide, why do you do this to me...? I wish I could tell you how I feel", I whisper to myself. "But with the war going on, I don't want to get too attached to anyone, and that includes you. Only problem is... I'm already too attached."

I sit up and lean against the wall, my head looking up towards the ceiling while resting on the wall. A song crosses my processor and I started singing it.

"I need your love, I need your time
When everything's wrong, you make it right
I feel so high, I come alive
I need to be free with you tonight
I need your love
I need your love

I take a deep breath every time I pass your door
I know you're there but I can't see you anymore
And that's the reason you're in the dark
I've been a stranger ever since we fell apart
And I feel so helpless here
Watch my eyes are filled with fear
Tell me, do you feel the same?
Hold me in your arms again

I need your love, I need your time
When everything's wrong, you make it right
I feel so high, I come alive
I need to be free with you tonight
I need your love
I need your love

Now I'm dreaming, will I ever find you now?
I walk in circles but I'll never figure out
What I mean to you, do I belong?
I try to fight this, but I know I'm not that strong
And I feel so helpless here
Watch my eyes are filled with fear
Tell me, do you feel the same?
Hold me in your arms again

I need your love, I need your time
When everything's wrong, you make it right
I feel so high, I come alive
I need to be free with you tonight
I need your love
I need your love

All the years, all the times
You were never been to blame
And now my eyes are open
And now my heart is closing
And all the tears, all the lies, all the waste
I've been trying to make it change
And now my eyes are open

I need your love, I need your time
When everything's wrong, you make it right
I feel so high, I come alive
I need to be free"

I sigh as I finish the song. I hate this so much... My mind takes me back to Shelby's words. I need to talk to him. And hopefully, he'll understand...