Chapter 6: Memories

I froze. That name... was familiar... Why was it so familiar?

"Go away Starscream", I said to the older mech.

"Why? Afraid I'm gonna hurt you, you little weeny?"

"I am not a weeny. And I could hurt you far worse than you ever could to me", I snarl.

"Oh really?" He sneered at me. "Prove it."

"Fine", I growl and get into a fighting stance. Starscream was surprised by my automatic move into a fighting stance.

Suddenly I was pushed back behind someone. I recognized it to be my babysitter Ironhide.

"Leave her alone, Starscream", he says. Starscream rolls his eyes.

"Why should I listen to you, Autobot scum?"

"I am not scum and I am not an Autobot. At least, not yet. I am not old enough to join and neither are you Starscream", Ironhide says.

"I will be in a few years", Starscream growls.

"Yeah, a few years. Now stop picking on femmes younger than you", Ironhide growls. Starscream mocks Ironhide but Ironhide ignores it.

"Are you alright, my shooting Star?" Ironhide turned to me.

"I'm fine. Starscream won't be when I get my servos on him, though", I say, glaring at Starscream, who had decided that he had wasted enough of his time and started to walk away.

"I'm sure he won't. Now. It's time for you to go home. Come on", Ironhide says as he takes my hand in his, leading me to where I knew my parental units would be waiting for me. They had taken Silverburst out for some one on one time. I would get that tomorrow.

"I don't want to go home though... I want to play with you, 'Hide", I say, my innocent eyes sparkling up at him. Ironhide looks down at me and smiles before kneeling down in front of me.

"We'll play extra long in a couple days, okay? I'll play with you and protect you with all of my spark from Starscream", Ironhide promises.

"I don't need protecting! I'm a warrior! I'm going to fight in the war when I'm old enough!"

"Of course you're a warrior. You're my little shooting star warrior. Though I hope that the war will be over by the time you are old enough", Ironhide says as he pulls me into his arms.

"I hope it's not! I want to fight in it!"

"Starfire, war is a very bad thing. You should be wishing that this war is over before someone you care about is gone."

I look at him with my round innocent eyes. "Okay. I'll wish it's over so that way neither of us have to fight in it!"

Ironhide chuckles and leads me back to my home. He gives me a hug and I hug him back tightly. I walk into my home to find my parental units playing with my twin Silverburst. I wave goodbye to Ironhide and close the door.

"Momma! Papa!" I run up to the and give them each a hug. "Hi, Silver!"

"Hi, Star!" Silverburst gave me a hug which I returned happily.

"Starfire! How is my little femme?" My mother had picked me up and placed me in her lap.

"I'm great! Me 'n 'Hide had a lot of fun playing hide and seek today! He would hide and I would seek and then he would seek and I would hide!!"

My mother laughed and I heard my father's deep resonating chuckle. I look over at him and crawled over to him, hugging him. Suddenly there was a banging on the door.

My mother and father looked at each other before setting me next to my brother. We looked at each other before I stood up. I walked over to the door and peered between my mother and father's legs. I saw a big scary mech outside as well as a smug Starscream. I listened to what the big scary mech was saying.

"Your femmeling was threatening to kill Starscream!" My mother tried to interject. I was getting more and more scared. "She deserves to be taught a lesson! A permanent one! She should die!"

My father cut in. "Megatron, my femmeling would never do such a thing. She may be a bit hotheaded but she knows better than to threaten to kill someone."

"I don't care, Optimus! She's going to die! As well as that weakling brother of hers. I will personally see to it myself..." The scary mech stalked away, Starscream in tow and my parental units close the door and look down at me.

"Did you threaten to kill Starscream earlier today?" My father's voice was serious. He knelt down beside me. I shook my head.

"I would never! He was insulting me so I stood up for myself. We were going to fight but Ironhide stopped us. I never once threatened to kill Starscream", I say. My mother and father glanced at each other before sighing.

"We believe you, Starfire. Now go play with your brother", my mother says. I nod and go play with my brother as my parents discussed something farther away. I could still hear them however as they seemed to have forgotten about my heightened sense of hearing.

"Optimus, we can't keep them here... We have to send them offworld where Megatron will never find them. He will stay true to his word..."

"I know Elita but we can't do anything drastic just yet. We have one pod we can send them off in if push comes to shove but for now we won't do anything yet."

I frown but pretend I didn't hear anything ignore the rest of their conversation all together. Unfortunately, push came to shove later than night.

"Optimus! Bring the femmeling and her brother out right now!"

I woke up to the scary mech's voice. I freeze and look over at where I knew my brother was sleeping. He was awake as well, looking scared.

I stand up, my brother following. I go into the hall and see my parental units conversing quietly. Soon, my mother comes towards us and motions for us to follow her.

"Momma... what's happening?" I was frightened but I follow her; my brother does the same.

"Nothing's happening. We just gotta get you two somewhere safe", she whispers. My brother starts crying before he whispers.

"They're going to kill us, aren't they?"

"No, no sweetie. They won't kill you. I won't let them. Now come here, Silverburst", my mother says. Silverburst goes to her and she places him in a pod shaped thing. There was room for only me and I knew it.

"Momma, aren't you coming with us?" I ask. I heard sounds of fighting and it frightened me, causing me to start crying.

"Oh, my sweet femmeling, I would come with you if I could but you know I can't... I have to stay here and help your father", she whispers as she gives me a hug before picking me up and taking me to the pod. I struggle, knowing that I probably won't see her again. I cry harder and she tries to comfort me.

"Shh, shh, shh", she whispers as she gently places me into the pod. I hear the sounds of yelling and fighting get even louder and my mother whispers something to me.

"Shh, it's alright, my sweet femmeling. You'll be okay. Momma will be there for you soon", she glances back behind her as the yelling got louder and soon there was screaming. "I love you, Starfire, Silverburst. Don't you ever forget that."

"Momma!! Don't leave me!! Momma!!" My twin and I may have been young but I understood more than enough to know what was happening.

"Shh... I'll be there soon. I love you."

"I love you, too, Momma."

Soon, the pod closes and that was the last I saw of her. I cry as I hug Silverburst who was also crying. The pod shakes and soon I find myself drifting off into a peaceful sleep.