The love they were looking for

Have u ever experienced that moment where your heart just kinda stops and u don't know what to do or what to say or if this is all really happening?

That's what Callie felt as she knelt next to Brandon's bloody body.

Confused? Let's explain.

~~~earlier that day~~~

"Ready for lunch?" Brandon whispers in Callie's ear as he sneaks up behind her.

She giggles, "yep."

They then walk hand in hand to the cafeteria. The day had went on like any other. They walked together. Brandon walking her to every class and meeting her outside of her class, somehow showing up before she even exited the door.

So the young couple obviously thought that was how the day would continue. Like normal.

They ate lunch together with good laughs and lots of smiles. Just being happy.

That was until he walked in and sat at their table.

Callie immediately wanted to leave. Brandon sensing this grabbed her hand, "ready to go to class?"

"Yes."

They got up and tried to walk away big they weren't quick enough as Dylan had caught up to them.

Callie sighed, "what do you want?"

"Why do I need to want something? Can't I just talk to my favorite power couple and friends?"

"You could... if we were friends," Callie pulled Brandon along faster.

"That hurts," Dylan out his hand over his heart and pretended to cry.

Callie didn't respond as she and Brandon made it to their next class.

They walked in hand in hand and took their seats next to each other. Exhausted from Dylan's following them, Callie leaned her head on Brandon's shoulder.

"Tired?" Brandon asks.

"Mhm."

"Well this is last class so we can get outta here soon."

"Good," Callie smiles.

Then class started.

About 1/2 and hour into class the teacher got a signal for lockdown. People felt a little panicked but kept it together and did what was necessary. Brandon and Callie sat together calmly.

That was until the door burst open and some guy with a gun and another guy with a mask and a gun walked in. Girls screamed and guys with girlfriends held them closer.

Then the guy with the mask pulled it off.

Dylan.

Callie and Brandon gasped.

"Good. You're both surprised. Now Callie. You could have prevented this but you just had to say no. Brandon is scrawny compared to me and yet you denuded my generous offer to satisfy you. So I had to continue with my plan. I could have stopped my friends here from breaking into your precious little school but no. You just had to reject me. Now you're going to pay," Dylan explains. "So your either come with me and my friends or we can do this the hard way."

"There's no way in hell I'm going with you." Callie spat.

Then Dylan lifted his gun and shot Brandon in the shoulder.

Brandon was shocked. Callie screamed.

Dylan then grabbed Callie's arm and pulled her to her feet. Just as he was about to drag the crying girl out of the room the police came through the door. Dylan and his friend tried to shoot but swat shot them first. That caused Dylan's grip on Callie's arm to loosen.

She ran back to Brandon's side.

~~~present~~~

And that's how we got to here. Callie kneeling next to Brandon. Trying to keep him awake as the paramedics came in. They lifted Brandon onto the stretcher and Callie followed them to the ambulance. She climbed in next to her almost unconscious boyfriend.

"C'mon B. C'mon. You need to say awake. Please. Stay awake. For me. Please. I can't go on if you're gone. You're my rock. My everything. Please. Stay with me," by now Callie was sobbing.

"Callie. Baby don't cry. I love you..." Brandon trailed off as his breaths got deeper.

"I love you. So you need to stay with me." Callie said stirnly.

Brandon's eyes started to droop and his grip on Callie hand began to loosen. Callie started to cry harder. The paramedics got him stable but he was still unconscious.

"You really love him don't you?"

Callie looked up at the female paremetic. She looked to be about 30years old. "Ya."

"He'll be ok."

Callie sighed and hoped that was true.

~~~at the hospital~~~

The entire Foster family sat in the waiting room. Jesus and Mariana were comforting each other. The moms were comforting each other. And last but certainly not least, Jude and Callie were comforting each other.

Brandon went into surgery 3 hours ago and nobody had to them anythjng. They were just waiting.

Then the doctor walked in. The family stood up.

"Are you here for Brandon Foster?"

They all nodded.

"He..."

~~~~~~~

A/N.

Hey guys. So I was gonna update a few days ago but then I got side track and couldn't think of anything so here it is. I bet u all just wanna hit me with books. Or entire libraries so have at it. Give me ur worst. Lol. Luv u my M&Ms.

~C-gurl