The love they were looking for

"So what did you get me for Christmas?" Callie asks as Brandon places her large gift under the tree. "It's surprise," Brandon smirks. "But I wanna know," Callie whined. "How about... no," Brandon said wrapping his arms around her waist. "No fair," Callie said. "Yes it is fair," Brandon smiled, "c'mon it's them for bed." Brandon and Callie walked upstairs and went to bed with only 5days until Christmas.

~~~December 23~~~

Callie ran outside as the delivery truck pulled up. She has to get the package before Brandon got home from his dad's house. She immidiatly signed for it and had Jesus help bring it inside, "so what is it?" "None of your business," Callie says and pulls out the wrapping paper. "C'mon I helped you being it inside," Jesus begs. "Fine... it's Brandon's Christmas present," Callie answers and wraps the present neatly. "What's you get him?" Jesus pushes. "None of your business mister," Callie's says finishing wrapping it. She slid the large box under the tree best she could next to her own. "Fine," Jesus groaned walking upstairs.

Callie plopped down on the couch satisfied that she got a present for everyone. She turned on the tv and watched FRIENDS for about 15minutes until she fell asleep.

Callie woke up about 30 minutes later, when Brandon announced he was home. He hadn't realized that she was asleep on the couch, "sorry babe. Did I wake you?" "Ya but it's ok," Callie smiled. "What's this?" Brandon asked referring to his large present." "Your Christmas present," Callie got up and walked over to him. "What is it?" Brandon asked. "Nope... if I can know, neither can you," Callie teases. "Fine," Brandon agrees.

Brandon and Callie sit down on the couch and watch tv for about an hour until they get hungry. Brandon grabs her hand and pulls her to her feet. They walk to the kitchen and look around. They looked in the pantry and fridge but found nothing that intrested them. "I want pizza," Callie said leaning her head on Brandon's shoulder. "Same here," Brandon said grabbing the phone. They ordered pizza and decided to talk about Christmas while they waited.

"So what's your favorite Christmas memory?" Callie asked as she and Brandon laid on the couch. "Hmmm... besides this one, with you, when I was 10 all my parents were finally able to be in the same room, without arguing. Of course they weren't all besties but it was better that seeing my moms for half the day and my dad for the rest. The twins were there too. It was just about perfect," Brandon smiled thinking about the memory. "Wow that sounds... perfect," Callie smiled. "So what about you?" Brandon asked. "Uh... other than this one... when I was 2. Even though Jude wasn't born yet, it was the short time before my dad started to... uh... get abusive. We bought a huge tree and decorated it together. We decorated the entire house and baked everything under the sun. If Jude was there it could have been perfect," by the end Callie was crying happy and sad tears.

She quickly tried to wipe them away, realizing how much she cries now-a-days. Brandon stopped her and kissed both tear stained cheeks. It pained him to see her cry. He wanted to punch her dad for even raising a hand to his Callie. Even if it wasn't his girlfriend it isn't right. He just held her for a while until the pizza arrived.

He paid the delivery boy and sat back down with Callie, "are you ok?" "Ya... I'm pissed at my son of a bitch dad though," Callie said grabbing a piece of pizza.

~~~the next day~~~

"Wow," Callie breathed. She was shocked at how full the house was. It was Christmas Eve and family came from out of state. Tonight they would have dinner and then tomorrow they would have just close family over for dinner. "I know. From my dad's side, we Fosters have a lot of family, and form my moms side, the Johnsons have a big family. Then there's the Adams family. Lena has 8 siblings, 15 cousins, 6 aunts and uncles, her parents," Brandon explained. "It must be nice to have this every year," Callie said gesturing to all the family. "Ya but it's even better with you. This is yours now too... you do know that right?" Brandon asked. "Ya it'll just be hard to get used to," Callie explained.