20. The End

It had been 3 and a half weeks since Joshua had first heard Y/N was going to be ok.
And it was the most painful 25 days of his life.

"Joshua~" Mingyu called out to him, stirring him from his light sleep.
The latter lightly shook Joshua's shoulder, as he sat up from what seemed to be a constant slouching position on the hospital chair beside Y/N's bed.

"Huh.." With weary eyes Joshua slowly craned his head around to be greeted with his brother.

"Go and shower, rest. You've been here the whole week. I'll call you if there's any news." The soft voice Mingyu spoke with made the drained boy drowsy once again, realising exhaustion was getting the better of him.

"Ok." He slowly rose from the chair beside       Y/N, reaching for his coat by the door, doing a double take back to Y/N, he kissed her forehead.
"Goodbye, love."

As soon as he walked into his house he collapsed face down on the couch.

Showering could wait.

After passing out for what seemed to be half an hour, Joshua checked his phone for any miscalls, brows jumping upon realising he'd been asleep for nearly a whole day.

"Dammit...exhaustion really did get the better of me huh?"
He quickly showered and put on a fresh set of clothes.

Quickly checking his phone again, he was slightly disappointed to only be met with his lock screen, but the picture of a surprised Y/N kissing him on the lips instead of his cheek brought a familiar warm smile to his face.
"Y/N, I'll get back whoever did this to us. I promise."

Just as he was about to call Mingyu for any updates, the phone he was holding began to vibrate.
Swallowing his nerves, he slowly slid his finger across the screen.
"Hello?"
"Hello. Is this Joshua Hong?"
He hesitated before he replied, what if something had happened to Y/N whilst he was lazing around the house doing god knows what.
"..Yes, Joshua Hong speaking. W-Who is this?"
"Ah, good evening Sir, this is just the hospital. We've called to say Y/N will be fit to leave tomorrow."
He nearly dropped his phone.

Leaving?

She's coming home?

He tried to hide his excitement as he responded.
"Wah really? Are..are you sure? She's definitely coming out tomorrow?"
"...Yes."

Tears began to form in his eyes.
It seemed like she'd been in hospital forever.
Now he could finally hold her in his arms,
Under his protection,

And he wasn't going to let her down this time.

Y/N's POV
I slowly made my way up the drive, Joshua frantically attempting to carry all my bags behind me, after refusing to let me carry any.

Although I still had slight pain when I walked, it was barely noticeable, Joshua insisted I still use crutches though.

I slowly turned the key in the door, nerves and excitement beginning to bubble inside of me.
This was the first time seeing the new house after being married.
I was gonna see these walls for the next chapters of my life.

The door creaked open, revealing numerous boxes piled up on eachother along the hallway.
I made my way further inside, through the kitchen, looking out into the garden.