4. Just friends

Y/N's POV

I lay on my bed, sighing. It was Monday, 3 days after meeting Joshua.
Suddenly my phone got a notification, so I checked, only to see my favourite name pop up.
Joshua😂: Hey Dav, wanna meet up?
Y/N😄: Ya sure, meet me in the park in 10.
This was about our 3rd or 4th time meeting up since Friday. Each time we spent with on another we became closer and closer.
I smiled to myself, remembering our previous meet ups, when we went to that chicken restaurant:
"I'll have the kids meal!" I squealed, excited to be at one of my favourite chicken restaurants, with one of my newly favourited friends, Joshua.
As I was eating away at my fries, I noticed the beautifully tanned boy, with gorgeous brown eyes, and perfectly pastel lips, get up from his chair opposite me. I cocked my head back when noticing he was leaning over towards me. I cocked my eyebrows even further noticing how our faces grew to be inches apart.
I could feel his breath hitting my face, as he slowly reach out his hand. Stopping by my cheek, he brushed it, looking at the place where that fleck of pepper on my upper cheek was sitting.
He was so focused on his action, all the while I stared into his eyes, with such intensity, that were only a few centimetres from mine.
I couldn't feel my face anymore, the burning heat issuing from it was numbing my sensations.
I felt a warm feeling settle at the pit of my stomach, something I'd never felt before.

I slowly got out of bed and prepared myself to go out.
I put on a hoodie and leggings with some trainers and a black cap.
As I exited my house the blast of cold wind hit me, causing me to shiver.
I could just go back into my house and grab my coat, but I couldn't be bothered so continued my journey forward.
As I reached the park I saw a familiar skinny figure swinging on one of the swings with their back facing me.
"Hey Joshua!"
I yelled, getting his attention. Slowly he turned around, our eyes meeting.

Joshua's POV
As I turned around my eyes met with my favourite friend, Y/N. I don't know why, but ever since I saw her on the bus a few days ago, there was something about her that made me interested. Every time we make eye contact, I get this weird warm feeling in my stomach I've never felt before, but I kinda like it.
I patted the swing next to me and she sat on it.
"Hey, long time no see! How are you."
I asked, building conversation.
"Um, yeah I um.. f-fine, I'm fine..."
I studied her face, curious as to why she was stuttering. This was unlike her, usually her bold, scary personality showed. But now she seemed almost vulnerable.
I looked at her, only to realise she was shivering, my heart dropped. I took off my jacket.
"Here."
I wrapped my jacket around her shoulders, she looked at me, surprised, but she smiled warmly at me, and I smiled back.
Then I looked up at the sky. It was an opal blue with barely a cloud in sight, but the gleaming sun didn't help the minus temperatures.
"What a nice day..." I sighed, waiting for a response, but I didn't get one.
I look at Y/N, she was just looking at my shoes, blankly.
I lightly tapped her shoulder.
"Hey, Y/N..hellooo,"
I waved my hand in front of her face realising she was in some sort of trance.
Soon she perked up and faced me,
"H-huh? Oh..s-orry I didn't mean to zone out."
She murmured, making eye contact with me.
I don't know why, but I continue the eye contact, staring intensely into her eyes, as she does to mine.

Y/N's POV
I don't know why, but when he looked up into the sky, the brightness reflected into his eyes, making them shine. I was mesmerised. I saw his mouth moving but once again I was getting lost in my trail of thoughts. Without realising, I slowly shifted my gaze to the floor, deepening my thoughts.
I was quickly brought back to reality when I felt someone prod my shoulder and wave a pale hand in front of my face.
I hesitantly moved my eyes into his gaze. It was like we were having a staring contest, staring deeper and deeper into one another.
Without realising, the space between our faces slowly started to shrink.

Joshua's POV
I don't know why, but staring into her eyes made my heart flutter, and I enjoyed it. Looking at this person in front of me, I realised just how lucky I am to have come across her.
How the cold person she showed turned out to be a kind, warm person on the inside.
Then I realised we were slowly leaning into one another...

Y/N's POV
OH NO, OH NO OH NO OH NO, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I'VE ONLY KNOWN HIM FOR LIKE 3 DAYS! I'M NOT READY FOR SKINSHIP, WE HAVEN'T EVEN CONFESSED YET, not that I like him or he shares the same feelings.
He's just a friend, a really good friend.
Nothing more, nothing less.
But I can't back out now, ahhhhhhhhh what should I do?!

Joshua's POV
I realised our faces were becoming closer, my pink lips almost touching hers.
But what she did next was unexpected...

Y/N's POV
I hugged him.
We are just friends, nothing more, nothing less.
Sadly.