1. Joshua

Y/N's POV

I quickly strode down the side street towards the bus stop, the thought of missing the bus at the back of my mind, gosh I really shouldn't have stopped at the shop and bought 4 boxes of panda cookies.
I finally arrived, relieved to find out the bus hadn't come. I reached into my pocket to grab my bus pass with my already full hand holding my phone. As I slowly pulled it out, concentration building, two hollers behind me shook my hand causing me to drop my bus pass.
"What the fuck?!" I cursed under my breath. As I slowly turned around I came face to face with my fellow time wasters. The popular kingkas from my school. Great. Just what I need to end my last day of half term. As I reached down to pick up my pass, the boy across from me had the same idea.
As my fingers traced the surface of the bus pass, they simultaneously brushed against the boys fingers.
Stopping dead in my tracks, I glanced at the boy, my gaze meeting his, hands on one another for what felt like ages, I didn't want to move. But then again, I couldn't, I was frozen.

"Oh sorry" the boy panted, picking up the pass and handing it to me. Shocked and awestruck, I slowly took it, staying crouched on the floor.

Not realising the bus had arrived, I was still shocked at what had just happened, the feeling of the boys fingers against mine...-
"Hey, you gonna get on?" A voice interrupted my trail of thoughts. "Huh..?" I replied, snapping out of my zone and looking at the face that of that same boy. It was him. "Oh, yeah, I-I do need to get on, thanks" I panted, slightly grateful, not noticing the small smile that escaped my face.
But my smile slowly faded when I got onto the bus. Great, there were no seats left. I decided not to risk it by staying at the front, where I would get humiliated if I were to fall.
Just as I was about to become frustrated, I noticed a seat by an old man near the back. Sighing in relief, I quickly made my way to the seat, unfortunately just as the bus was beginning to move, it jolted, lurching me forward unexpectedly, making me stumble over someone's walking stick, "oh shit" I cursed again as I fell onto someone's lap.
"Oh, hey," a familiar voice said. I looked up at the voice. No way, bus stop guy? Are you fucking kidding me?
"Great." I  replied, still stuck on his lap. He smiled at me, whilst I  turned my gaze to the window to avoid awkwardness.
"Wow, we've come across eachother twice in 10 minutes. Maybe it was fate..." he trailed of. I just sat their, shook. "...anyways, hey. I'm Joshua." He smiled down at me. Joshua. What a strange name. I knew something at that moment.I  never wanted to speak or associate with Joshua in any way again.
"Uhhhhhhh..." I tried to save myself from embarrassment and awkwardness, but I was failing. "Your cute." Joshua giggled. Oh hell to the no. I regained my senses, and in one jerky movement got off his laps. Ew, I just realised I've been on his laps for more that 46 seconds. I shivered at my thoughts. I needed to escape. And I didn't want to risk anything more, so I  made my way back to the front. Thankfully someone had got off. I sat quietly and unlocked my phone...
Quickly pressing the Instagram icon, going on my dm's and clicking on my group chat. I needed to spill the awkward as hell thing that had just happened. As I started typing my story, I was interrupted, again.
This was gonna be a long bus ride.