6. Jealousy is a horrible thing

Joshua's POV
After seeing Y/N with another guy, that had gotten me all worked up, and Sara picked up on this.
"Hey, how about we go to a cafe nearby. I hear their coffee is good." She suggested, ignoring the fact I was pissed off and wanted to be alone.
But I sighed and agreed anyway, because I still had time to kill before the late bus.

As we took a seat on a small table in the corner of the cafe, opposite one another, I took this opportunity to pull out my phone and scroll through all the pictures of me and Y/N.
Subconsciously smiling to myself, looking at a particular funny one with one of the snapchat face filters- the dog one- Sara also picked up on this.
So she leaned over the small round table and in one swift movement, snatched the phone out my hand, inconveniently, it was still unlocked.
This flashed a memory through my mind of my first encounter with Y/N, when I took her phone off her.
I looked over to see Sara's brows furrowed, glaring at me.
"And who's this?!" She said in her shrill voice, facing the phone at me, a selfie of me and Y/N both laughing displayed on the screen.
"Oh, uhmmm..she uhh..."
She lifted up her eyebrows, waiting.
"Is there something you'd like to tell me, Joshie?" I cringed at the nickname she'd just called me. We'd known eachother for like 10 minutes and it's already gotten to this point.
"Urgh... S-she's a friend- was... a friend..."
I looked at the ground, I could feel my eyes being prickled with tears, but I held them back. She chose not to be friends, so it will stay that way.
"Oh..." Sara replied, in a voice higher than usual, her knuckles going white as her grip on my phone tightened.
"But what happened? Why did you say she was?"
I could feel an interrogation coming.
I mentally sighed and gave in. What's the worst that could happen. After all, there was no chance of us ever being friends again.
So, I started to spill how we'd first met, and become close friends.
Whilst I was telling her my life story, I didn't notice her sudden change in emotion.
The one thing that was strongly surging through her entire body.
Jealously.
And how as I was speaking, evil thoughts made their way into her head.

Y/N's POV
After bumping into the person I'd tried so hard to avoid the past few days, I had a slight feeling of contentment for making him jealous. But that soon faded away and I was left with a tinge of guilt.
After all, it did look like he was getting dragged around by that girl, and he was in desperate need of help.
Getting too lost into my thoughts, Xiumin noticed, and waved his hand infront of my face.
"Hey Y/N, hellooo.."
I woke up from my trance.
"Wha-huh...oh s-sorry for zoning out." I went to the teddy bear section and pretended to be interested in this particular teddy with brown fur and big, deep, black eyes.
Xiumin, being one of my closest friends since childhood, picked up on the fact that my mind was somewhere else. So he attempted to help.
"What's up? I can tell something's on your mind." He said casually, hoping I'd spill.
But I was reluctant, because I just wanted to forget about him- the boy that would no longer be part of my life.
"It's nothing really, I just..." I trailed off, desperately searching for a topic to replace this one.
"...C-coffee!" I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. Whereas Xiumin just stood across from me with an expression of pure confusion.
"Huh?"
"Sorry!..Um, it's just that I'd like some coffee! Yeah, I'm so thirsty and in the mood for coffee right now!"
He still looked at me, awestruck from my sudden weird craving, but decided to go along with it.
"Oh, ok.. well I know a pretty small and cosy cafe nearby and I hear their coffee is great!" He replied, leading you out of the shop.
I mentally sighed, relieved that he'd bought it, and quietly followed until we reached a small cafe.
When I stepped inside, I was instantly greeted with the smell of coffee and vanilla, not too overpowering. Accompanied with the warm gush of air, and the mumbling chatter of customers immersed in their own conversations in the background.
As my eyes were roaming the interior design, they fell onto the boy that brought my mood down 100%, even when I was at my happiest.
Realising his eyes were also locked with mine, he was sitting with that mysterious girl I'd seen earlier.
This was going to be a very bad coffee session.

Unknown's POV
How dare she?! I came back for one thing only, to retrieve my admirer, who I'd soon make mine. But I can see he has already fallen for someone else, so I guess I'll just have to lead him in the right direction.
And get that someone else out of the picture.