13. Taken twice.

Joshua's POV

I sat down, drinking my coffee in this cafe near my grandmas, when suddenly my phone started to vibrate.
I heaved a sigh, already knowing who it would be, but fished my phone out my pocket to check- just in case it was someone who I wanted to call.

Staring down at the screen I read the name I'd grown all too familiar with these past few days:

Sara

Knowing I had to answer, otherwise there'd be consequences for me, I reluctantly put the phone to my ear.
"Yes?" I said monotonously, all energy had been drained from me.
"Joshie! Hey, what's with the sad tone? Don't tell me you're still hung up on that girl." I had to pull the phone away from my ear a bit as her annoying voice was all a bit too loud.

This had been about the seventh or eighth time she'd called this week, continuously checking up to see if I'd forgotten about Y/N yet- which I would never do.
But it's got to the point where she's calling every single day, and I can just feel there's something she's about to do.

I sighed extra loud, so she could hear, and responded, with an equal amount of attitude.
"Bitch, you're the reason I'm like this. I don't care if this was part of your plan to try and get with me, just because you got men with guns and a knife to threaten me with, it doesn't mean I'll be you're little puppet, who you can manipulate into a relationship. So get this through your caked face and into that stupid little head of yours, I will never ever like you, I'm only doing this for Y/N."

I smirked to myself, silence on the other line indicating she was at loss for words.
But all she did was slowly chuckle.
"Oh Joshua, you naïve little boy, of course I was trying to manipulate you now that Y/N isn't  there anymore. But you see, it seems that this isn't going to work."
She paused, all the while I heaved a silent sigh of relief.
Had she finally given up because I was too stubborn to succumb her way?

Yet to my surprise, she carried on,
"So, if this doesn't work, let's try a different approach, shall we? If you don't stop moping about your non-existent girlfriend, then she, will get seriously hurt, to the point where she is, well..."
She chuckled again, causing hairs to raise at the back of my neck.
"...non-existent."

My stomach dropped, aswell as my phone from my hands grasp.
She can't do that.
She promised she wouldn't hurt her as long as I stayed away.
Now I have no choice but to forget about her.

I grabbed my phone and briskly walked out the coffee shop.
I needed to get home and figure out what the fuck I was gonna do.

I looked up and realised it was pretty dark, so I sped up my steps.
Nothing felt right anymore.
It felt like everything I was doing was wrong, like someone was constantly watching me.

All of a sudden the sound of glass was heard being stepped on behind me.
I stopped dead in my tracks.
Someone was watching me.
Maybe even following me.
And with that I set off to a run, I couldn't risk being kidnapped.
Not now.
I was panting heavily, but I could also hear the pants of the person behind me. It seemed they were chasing me after all.
Oh well nows not the time to congratulate myself on my suspicions being correct.

I turned another corner and found myself in a dark alley.
Oh shit I took a wrong turn.
But it seemed I was too late to turn back, as this mysterious person put a rag over my mouth.
Causing me to lose consciousness.

I woke up with blinding bright lights in my face. Squinting my eyes whilst I adjusted to the light, I took this time to look around the empty room.
It seemed I was in some sort of warehouse, with concrete floor, and nothing but a light in front of me, and the chair I was sitting on.
I tried to stand up, only to realise my arms and legs were restrained.
Great, and I can guess just who is behind this.