18. Another Step

A few months later

Y/N's POV

I looked down at my trembling hands, interlaced with the ones I love.
I looked up at him, only to see he was already staring back at me.

We walked to our designated seats. Our black hats in the hands that weren't intertwined. I looked down at our matching shiny black graduation robes.

Today was finally the day. Our graduation.

Over the past year me and Joshua have been through a lot. We've fought numerous times. But who would've thought we'd be where we are now?

Our names were individually called, each of us going up on stage to collect our scrolls. When I went up to receive mine I notice Joshua send me a wink.

God he had to choose a perfect time to make me blush in front of everyone didn't he.

After the ceremony was over, we went to go and meet our family who had attended.
Although we've been to eachother's houses before and eaten dinner with our parents, I had never actually met Joshua's grandma.

Coincidentally, she was here, standing in front of me.

"Hi, you must be Y/N." Her eyes crinkled into a smile.
Before I had time to reply, I was already engulfed in a hug.
I awkwardly hugged back for a moment before she pulled away.

"Ah yes.. I am Y/N." I smiled warmly at her, whilst quickly glancing to Joshua, indicating to him to help me in this awkward- not so awkward but I'm making it awkward- situation.

Thankfully he got the memo and stepped in between us.

"Oh yes! I forgot to introduce you guys. Y/N, this is my grandma. Grandma, this is Y/N."
We both smiled at eachother, establishing those facts already..

He carried on. "Y/N, my grandma plays a big part in my life. She's always been there to take care of me when my parents weren't around. And also.." he trailed off, a guilty look plastering his face.
"When I d-disappeared," he hesitated, "it's because really I was staying at my grandmas. But I was still getting the threats." He turned to his grandma. "However, I chose to hide that from you too, that's why I came home with bruises..I'm sorry." He looked down, the guilt washing over him.

I stepped over and wrapped my arms around him. I mean I was way too small to fully engulf his body into mine, but hey I tried.
His grandma smiled sadly, looking at the both of us.

"It's ok, Josh. Just, promise me one thing," Joshua looked up at her, curiosity evident in his cute little face- god I need to stop.

"Yes?" He had somewhat hope hinted in his voice.

"Look after her," she looked towards me, "because I know you two need eachother. Even if you may argue, and fight sometimes, promise me you won't let that affect this relationship, because from what I can see, it's something really special."

Joshua looked towards me, the love and affection pouring out of his eyes.
He stepped back, pulling a ring out of his pocket.

WHAT THE FUCK THIS BOY ON wE ONLY KNOWN EACHOTHER FOR A YEAR HE WANTS TO PROPOSE IM NOT R-

"Y/N relax." He smiled at me, somewhat amused. "It's a promise ring.."