Chapter 20 - Feeling All Giddy And Giggly

Sam slammed the door shut, but Brian put his foot forward so it wouldn't close on him.

"Please Sunshine, it's nothing bad." He pushed the door back open. "I'm not here to take you away or anyhting like that."

Sam crossed her arms. She didn't care why he was here, she just wanted him to leave. Seeing the scowl on her face, made Brian hesitate with his words.

"I actually came here to apologize, okay."It was obvious for Sam that he actually didn't want to be here either.

"Okay, so apologize," she said.

Brian sighed deeply. With his hands in his pockets, while twisting on his feet, he didn't dare to make any eye contact with her. "I'm sorry," he mumbled softly.

Straining her ears she barely heard him. "What?"

"You heard me."

"Well actually I did, but barely. I'm sure you can do better than that."

That earned her a little smile. "You want me to beg for it, don't you?"

"It would definitely help your case."

"Okay fine," he sighed. Brian went down on his knees and clasped his hands together. "Oh mighty Sam, please forgive me for my probably idiotic behavior. It was never my intend to get you in trouble and for that I am truly sorry." Then giving her his puppy look for maximum effect.

Sam could not believe what she was seeing. This was definitely a first, super star Brian Harrison was literally on his knees begging for forgiveness. She could even almost believe he meant what he said.

"Sam?" She still hadn't said anything. Just standing there with her mouth wide open, not really believing this was happening.

Shaking her head to clear her daze, she rumbled in her purse. "Just a sec." Brian was still on his knees and now trying to see what she was looking for. "Ah, got it!" Holding her phone, Sam snapped a picture, before Brian realized what she did.

"You did not!" He stood up and tried to grab the phone out of her hand.

"Oh, but I did," Sam smiled at him. "Totally worth all the drama you put me through."

"So this means I'm forgiven?" Brian asked.

Putting her finger to her lips, Sam pretended to think about it. "Hmm...I guess I can forgive you."

"Yes!" Brian yelled and grabbed Sam in a bear hug that barely left her breathing. Pushing against his shoulder, he released her from his grasp.

Pointing her finger at him, she made it very clear. "Don't you ever try to do something like that again. Next time I won't be so forgiving."

Brian just smiled at her. He was way too happy. Before Sam could ask him where Ace was, this crazy idiot, threw her over his shoulder, fireman style.

"What the hell, Brian! Put me down! Now!"

But he ignored her, carrying her down the street. Knowing that nothing she would say or do would help her, Sam shut up. When it came to her, it seemed Brian was selectively deaf. Luckily he put her back down pretty quickly.

“Don’t look at me like that, Sunshine,” he grinned. Nothing could ruin his good mood. “You know you like me.”

Sam snorted at that last comment. “Just ‘cause I forgive you, doesn’t mean I’m particularly fond of you.”

Brian softly pinched her cheeks and tapped her nose, like she was some little kid.

She slapped his hands away. “Knock it off.” But she couldn’t hold back her smile.