Chapter 9 - Peter Panilicious!

*RING. RING.*

What the…?

*RING. RING.*

Oh in the name of… What is that noise? Sam came out from under her sheets and looked at the clock on her bedside table. What 8.00 a.m.?

*RING. RING.*

Make it stop! She was dead tired from texting with her Guitarboy ‘till late into the night. It was Sunday morning she needed more sleep.

“Sam,” her grandpa yelled from down the hallway, “will you go and see what’s up?”

Sam didn’t want to leave her warm bed. It loved her and who was she to deny her comfy bed.

*RING. RING.*

“Sam!” Oops her grandpa sounded grumpy. Reluctantly she got out of bed and went downstairs to open the door. She hoped it wasn’t some stranger, ‘cause she already left her bed, no way was she changing out of her fluffy jammies.

“It’ 8 a.m. on a Sunday.” Sam opened the door. “What do you want?”

“An explanation!” Cherise stood with her hands on her hips in the doorway. This woke Sam up immediately. Her best friend was here and willing to listen to her. She ushered Cherise inside and upstairs into the kitchen. Cherise sat herself at the table and crossed her arms. She was waiting for Sam to start explaining.

“Coffee?” Sam tried to break the ice. Cherise denied, so Sam sat herself across her friend at the kitchen table. A nice awkward silence, since Sam didn’t know what to say. Should she apologize first or explain what happened? Somehow she was also afraid that even after, Cherise might still not forgive her.

“Just tell me about you and Thomas,” Cherise broke the silence.

“Well that’s the point,” she explained, “there is no Thomas and I. He has never been more to me than your boyfriend.”

“The kiss?” Cherise uncrossed her arms.

“After the party he gave me a ride home and as a thank you, he wanted a kiss.”

“And you gave him one?” Cherise cried.

“On the cheek,” Sam clarified, “It didn’t mean anything for me. How was I supposed to know he had a crush on me?” Cherise calmed back down and went to Sam to give her a hug.

“Don’t worry. It’s all over.” Sam hugged her friend back. This meant she was forgiven right?

“I did something stupid,” Cherise confessed. But before her friend could elaborate, her grandpa walked into the kitchen.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“Nothing grandpa, just some girl’s stuff,” Sam smiled at him.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, nothing we can’t handle,” she reassured him.

“Fine.” It was clear he didn’t really believe her. “If you need me, I’ll be in my room.” He left them back alone.

“Oh it’s just awful,” Cherise exclaimed.

Sam had the feeling her friend was no longer talking about their fight.

“What happened?”

“Well last night I went for a walk around the block to clear my head and I bumped into Zack.” That was right, Sam had already forgotten that Zack lived only two streets away from Cherise.

“Okay, not really the person you want to bump into,” Sam said, but she didn’t see the problem. She would just cross the street or hide behind a tree or something to avoid Zack or Jack.