Chapter 4 - First Heartbreak Of The Season

Luckily the rest of the weekend was much less eventful and consisted mostly of doing homework. Now it was Monday again and she met her two BFF’s in front of the school.

“Ooh! I’m so nervous,” Cherise was very hyper jumping up and down.

“For what?” Sam was once again lost in the conversation.

“Smoke!”

Cherise had finally explained about the competition. They were all going to meet the band and get to take their pictures with them. All that would end up in a big spread in Rock Magazine

“Me too,” Timo wasn’t jumping up and down, but his shrieking in her ear was actually worse. “I’m working on my flirting skills, but it isn’t going so well.”

She just couldn’t believe her friends. They were already acting insane and the meet was still days away. The bad thing was, the closer they would get, the crazier her friends would get. There was bound for someone to faint on Saturday and she knew it wouldn’t be her.

“Seriously guys! They’re just normal guys.” They were obviously forgetting the band used to go to this school. It wouldn’t be the first time they would talk to them. She knew she was going to be embarrassed when the time came for the actual meet-and-greet.

“Maybe,” Cherise was doubtful, “but no one I know is that good-looking.” She added in full believe.

“Just 4 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes before I have the opportunity to touch all that man-candy,” Timo squealed.

“Oh God! Am I the only one who just wants to meet them for their music?”

“Yes!” Cherise and Timo exclaimed in unison.

“Besides, don’t play dumb with me,” Timo accused her, he was even pointing a finger in her face. “You were the one with the crush on Ace in freshman year.”

Crap! Sam felt her cheeks changing into a nice tomato red. That was almost three years ago. Sometimes she hated it that Timo remembered everything that had to do with boys. What she needed was a diversion.

“Cherise, how can you talk about how cute they are. You have a boyfriend.” Hopefully this would help, but she didn’t expect her friend to start crying. Timo raised his brows at Sam.

“He broke up,” Cherise wailed. How come this was the first she heard about it? Poor Cherise. Sam tugged Cherise in her arms and gave her a shoulder to cry on. After a couple of minutes of that, Cherise had calmed down enough to talk.

“It was after the party on Saturday. He drove me home and while we were sitting in my driveway he told me he wanted to break up. He said, he’s in love with someone else,” she started crying harder again. Sam hated to see her friend in so much pain. Stupid jack*ss, how dare he to break her best friend’s heart.

“I’m sorry girl,” she tried to comfort Cherise.

“It’s going to be alright, sweety,” Timo never knew what to do in these situations. He was a guy after all and seeing someone cry made him uncomfortable.

“Think about Smoke. Cute guys, half-naked, singing a song for you,” Sam tried to cheer her up.

“Licking chocolate of your body,” and Timo was again lost in lala-land.

Cherise stopped crying. “What?” Evenly confused as Sam.

Timo turned a shade darker, “Sorry, I got a little carried away.” Even though if he had the opportunity, he would definitely take it.

Cherise started chuckling. This was what she loved about him, no matter what, he was great at distracting people and that was what she needed right now.