Chapter 2 - Flutes Are Made To Burn

After school Sam hurried to the bus stop. Cherise and Timo had after school practices, so the stinking bus it was. At home she met her grandpa at the back of the store for some quick updates. 

“How was school?” her grandpa asked, meanwhile putting some heavy looking boxes on the shelves.

“The usual. Cherise and Thomas were kissing all the time. Timo was trying to get a date. I don’t know the result of that yet, so we’ll see. And Jack was and is being annoying,” she concluded.

Grandpa sighed in expiration, ”What was it this time?” 

“He said that I’m going to Kevin’s party with him tomorrow.”

“That boy just doesn’t know how to give up.” He really didn’t like that boy. His granddaughter was always good natured and happy, but that boy brought out the worst in her.

“Well yeah, we’ll see. Don’t forget I won’t be able to help the entire day tomorrow. Timo is coming over to make my Halloween costume”

“I know. Now go and watch some TV,” he shooed her upstairs.

***

The next day grandpa was standing behind the counter in the store stocking guitar strings, when he heard the bell above the door ring. In walked a thirty-something woman and with her were two of the most adorable little boys.

“Hello Mrs. Carter, boys,” He greeted them.

Mrs. Carter smiled at him, “Good afternoon, Mr. Thomson.”

The boys were looking around the store as if they were searching for something or rather someone.

“Do you want me to get Sammy?” silently chuckling at the boys. They absolutely adored his granddaughter.

The poor boys started blushing. “Yes please,” the oldest one whispered.

“Sammy! Come down please!” grandpa yelled upstairs.

There was no response and just when he wanted to yell again Sam shouted, “I’m coming!”

Grandpa gave Mrs. Carter and the boys a small smile in reassurance. While they were waiting for Sam, he started back to stocking the guitar strings, when the bell rang again. In walked two older teenagers. One was wearing a white cap, with a purple hoodie thrown over it. The other one was wearing a dark green beanie and dark glasses on his nose. Their faces were barely visible and it looked like they were trying to hide something. He even started wondering if they were maybe here to rob the store, but the smiles on their faces told him otherwise.

“How may I help you?” he addressed them.

“We’ll…” but before the boy with the green beanie could finish his sentence, some shouting interrupted him.

Sam was walking in the store and yelled at someone behind her, “That hurts you know!”

“Yes, I know,” Timo shouted back.

“Then why do you keep pricking needles in my butt?!”

“Mama, she said the b-word,” the youngest of the boys whispered to Mrs. Carter.

Sam finally realized she had an audience and turned around with an apologizing smile on her face. She was wearing her almost finished costume for Halloween. This year she was going as Peter Pan and was wearing his trademarked short green tunic, which barely covered her behind and she wasn’t wearing the leggings at the moment so everyone was able to see her legs. The teenage boys were definitely noticing.

“Sorry about that,” she whispered to her grandpa. He just shook his head at her antics and turned his attention back to the teenager in front of him.

“You were saying?”

The boy was still staring at Sam with a dazed look in his eyes, not hearing a word around him.

“Sir,” he tried again.

The boy with the hoodie gave the other one a shove, bringing him back from planet Sam to the store. He dragged his eyes away from the beauty before him and tried to remember what they came to do at the store in the first place.

“Yeah, euhm…” he mumbled.

“My man J,” Sam greeted the oldest child when he came forward to give her a high-five.

“My girl S,” and slapped her hand as hard as he could.

“And my little man G,” she addressed the other boy, who hid himself behind his mother.

“Hey Sammy,” he whispered so silently that if she hadn’t seen his mouth move she wouldn’t have heard him. Sam straightened back up and greeted their mother.

“Hey Samantha. We’re here to buy another flute,” Mrs. Carter told her.

“What happened this time?”

“He burned it,” J pouted. He looked so adorable.

She sighed heavenly, “Did you tell your teacher?”

“Yes,” he exclaimed furiously, “but she doesn’t believe me and she tells mom that we’re just boys and we love to tease.”

Pretty much every week it was the same. This bully in his class, loved to make his life miserable and destroying everything he owned.

Sam crouched back down and whispered in his ear, so his mom couldn’t hear, “You know whenever he does something like that again, you should just kick him.” She knew she shouldn’t teach violence to children, but this bully deserved what he had coming.

“Really?” Jay didn’t seem so convinced of her solution.

“Of course,” she said out loud. “Now what will it be? Wood or plastic?”

“We’ll just take one of each,” Mrs. Carters told her.

Sam went into the first aisle and grabbed the right flutes. Back at the register she put them in a plastic back and handed it to Jay. Behind her Timo walked into the store.

“Are you almost …” He stopped talking when he saw the two teenagers with Mr. Thomson. His mouth fell open in surprise. Those boys were definitely drool-worthy. Yummy!

“I’m almost done Timo.” She was totally oblivious to his behavior at the moment. “That’s 27.95 please, Mrs. Carter.”

“Here you go.”

“Thank you and here’s your change. See you later” she waved them goodbye.

“I’m going back upstairs, okay?” she asked her grandpa.

“Okay, sweety.”

Sam turned around and saw Timo standing there, drooling over those two guys with her grandpa. It wasn’t a pretty sight, Timo that is. The boys were definitely a pretty sight; she could have sworn she’d seen them before.

“You better close that,” and pushed his jaws back together.

“What?” he looked surprised as he turned back around to her. He wasn’t doing anything wrong. It was perfectly normal to stare at two delicious pieces of eye-candy. Sam just chuckled at his behavior and they went back upstairs to finish the costume, leaving the two hotties with her grandpa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be about the party with all the necessary drama that involves drunk and horny teenagers :p

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT <3